Refinishing a Honda HR214 Deck

CutWellJohnson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked up a Honda HR214 today and would like to spruce it up by repainting the cast aluminum deck. It looks like it has a fair amount of oxidization. I would like to strip it and clean it up getting rid of as much of the white stuff on it and give it a really good protective paint job. Has any one restored one of these decks before? I could use your insights. Also what is the best primer / paint combo to use?
Thanks

ironhorse

Threads
I just picked up a Honda HR214 today and would like to spruce it up by repainting the cast aluminum deck. It looks like it has a fair amount of oxidization. I would like to strip it and clean it up getting rid of as much of the white stuff on it and give it a really good protective paint job. Has any one restored one of these decks before? I could use your insights. Also what is the best primer / paint combo to use?
Thanks

well, you picked up one of the best honda mowers they made, i have a nice hr194, same mower only 19", i also just grabbed a hrm21 that needs the deck redone, let me know what you used:rolleyes: