Lawn mower not picking up clippings.

andy135

Threads
There are different blades for bagging and mulching. Some mulching blade actually push the clippings back to the lawn while the high lift blade generate a turbulence to shoot the clippings to the bag. Some Toro blades have two fins that push the clippings down. Older Lawnboys have a four blade mulching fan. Those are not suitable for bagging.

mrconstantia

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to this forum. I have a similar problem, as the original thread. I have read ALL the posts and am going to hope that it is something that simple.
Thank you all. I will post my findings, if your suggestions fix my problem.

Lawnmow'n King

Forum Newbie
Threads
What do you do if your mower opening clogs wehn the bag is not full?

dfbroxy

Threads
Rusty, my advice is to do what all the other posts said. Then take a look at how deep the grass is your trying to bag. If it is too deep and you try to cut it all at once it will clog your mower because of the long clippings and too much at once. If the grass is deep try making two passes over it. One with the deck a few notches higher and one at the hight you want. Afterwards you may want to mow more often if possible.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What do you do if your mower opening clogs wehn the bag is not full?

Mow slower or cut less grass by raising the height.
There is only so much volume of grass that the mower can push through that small opening.
This assumes your blades are in good condition, sharp & the flutes are in good condition.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rusty, my advice is to do what all the other posts said. Then take a look at how deep the grass is your trying to bag. If it is too deep and you try to cut it all at once it will clog your mower because of the long clippings and too much at once. If the grass is deep try making two passes over it. One with the deck a few notches higher and one at the hight you want. Afterwards you may want to mow more often if possible.

Good advice. I just wanted to add that another option is to mow while discharging (if the mower allows), let the clippings dry out a bit - it doesn't take long - and then go back and pick them up while bagging.