Cub Cadet 1600

jross

Threads
I am close to installing new Oregon spindles ( greaseable) on our Cub Cadet 1600 deck. The original spindles were fastened using self tapping bolts most of which sheared off when I impacted them. I though about using cap screws, locknuts and nuts instead of self tappers. any suggestions or cautions?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have done that on some spindles, others I have tapped the holes and installed standard bolts. have broken some self tappers off reinstalling in new spindles, and they don't come out very easy either. have had to drill the self tapper back out of a new spindle.

jross

Threads
First, I wish to thank all of you for your help in getting our CC1600 resurrected. I've been using it for some time now. I installed a set of Arnold front wheels and tires with appropriate included bushings. Has anyone replaced bushings on front axles with ball or roller bearings?

benski

Threads
A lot of the older and premium riders used ball or roller bearings. Most of the stuff manufactured for consumers nowadays is just plain sleeve beaings, which if you keep them clean and lubed, will usually last as long as the low-end engines that the general public seems content with..:mad::rolleyes::frown: