More Admins

DK35vince

Threads
There have been post here that say "if you don't like it, you can leave" so should I leave, and why, just because I asked a simple question,
Sorry,
That wasn't directed at you.
There was another member here that was doing constant complaining about the site.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm still waiting for a reply to my request about my email instant notification problem. Muhammad I understand your reasoning about not needing more Admins, but that still doesn't solve my problem.

Rivets I recognize the fact you have an email instant notification problem. I would like to know what you expect Muhammad to do about it? I'd look at it from Muhammad's prospective. His prospective is how do I fix an email instant notification problem for this individual when the rest of the other membership that is using email instant notification aren't having a problem. Undoubtedly he doesn't have your answer. Have you tried changing your email address and using an AOL or Yahoo email.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ric, I am not a computer tech to any degree. What would I like Muhammad to do? First it would be to acknowledge the fact I and some others have a problem. You and the other moderators have limited access to the technical working of this site, he has unlimited access. I have tried the suggestions that were put forth when I started a thread on this over a year ago, with the exception of getting a new email address. I have given him permission to go into my setting and look at my account for problems. Just like we help those who come here with problems, I am asking the Admin to help with my problem. I can't even get a "we will look into it" from anyone. This may seem a petty problem to you, but with my schedule and limited time to put into this forum, I'm asking for some help from the computer experts behind this form. Is that to much to ask?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ric, I am not a computer tech to any degree. What would I like Muhammad to do? First it would be to acknowledge the fact I and some others have a problem. You and the other moderators have limited access to the technical working of this site, he has unlimited access. I have tried the suggestions that were put forth when I started a thread on this over a year ago, with the exception of getting a new email address. I have given him permission to go into my setting and look at my account for problems. Just like we help those who come here with problems, I am asking the Admin to help with my problem. I can't even get a "we will look into it" from anyone. This may seem a petty problem to you, but with my schedule and limited time to put into this forum, I'm asking for some help from the computer experts behind this form. Is that to much to ask?

Well it goes like this.
If your settings on this list are correct and if everyone else is getting the ntifications without troubles then the problem is at your end and the people you need to be talking to are your ISP.
All that anyone at this sites end can do is check that your email address is correct , ceck that it is in the send email notification registry and check that when you respond to an email it is flagged as having your email address on the notification list.

There is a 99.999999999 % chance that your ISP is filtering out the notifications as spam.
In the complete header, there are codes that tell the ISP how many other email addresses got the same email.
Most ISPs run a filtering system that knocks out emails that are sent to multiple addresses as spam .
They also run a learning system so if some one else using your ISP tagged emails from this forums address as spam, it puts all emails from this forums down as potential spam.
Then the softwear that ISP use talk to other ISP's soft wear in order to try and keep one step ahead of the criminals and nuisances .
This is a dissallow list , not a trust list as the dissallow list is smaller and uses less computer time & storage.

Then finally there are your own personnal filters.

To give you some idea.
TPG, my ISP pull out over 700 spam emails addressed to my mail boxes each & every week that I did not know about till I got unfiltered feed.
They toss out about the same number that I have told them are spam through the ISP level filtering that I can modify.
Even then my computer soft wear filter around another 200 or so out of my mail boxes.
And with all of this still about 1/3 of what gets through is junk.

Some where along the line that is what is happening to your notifications.

The package that Momhamad uses to run this forum is an off the shelf product and there is nothing he can do to change it.
All he can do is check that all the "t's" are crossed and "i's" are dotted.

So if your screen name appears in the welcome bar at the top of the screen and when you search "my posts" the forum brings up your posts then the softwear is working properly at this end.
It has recognised you, and is tagging post as belonging to you.
If your settings are showing recieve notification then there is nothing more that any one can do at this end because the problem is between here and your beige box.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would look in the email spam or junk mail folder. And see if the email are in one of them.
Then you can move it back to the inbox.
And future emails should follow.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Rivets Can I ask who you get your internet service from. I ask because I used a mom and pop cable company before I moved to the location I'm at now and I had the same problem as you're having. Half the time when I did received my emails they were a week to a week and a half old. The other thing is what are you using for a computer and is it windows 7 or 8.1 I personally think your ISP is filtering out your emails as Spam, there not even being delivered as spam

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ric, my Internet provider is Charter and I am an Apple guy running OS X maverick. Any emails from this site are not in either my junk mail or spam folders. I have listed the address for this site in my address book, which should identify it as a welcome sender. Has the address for this site changed, that I might have the wrong one? Don't think so, as the notification were coming six months ago. I have had my computer and system checked by the systems analyst where I used to work and he says everything on my end is working properly. Charter has checked my junk mail and spam settings and cannot find anything amiss. My wife and I are on about a dozen other sites like this, some much bigger, and have never had a problem with them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric, my Internet provider is Charter and I am an Apple guy running OS X maverick. Any emails from this site are not in either my junk mail or spam folders. I have listed the address for this site in my address book, which should identify it as a welcome sender. Has the address for this site changed, that I might have the wrong one? Don't think so, as the notification were coming six months ago. I have had my computer and system checked by the systems analyst where I used to work and he says everything on my end is working properly. Charter has checked my junk mail and spam settings and cannot find anything amiss. My wife and I are on about a dozen other sites like this, some much bigger, and have never had a problem with them.

Yeah I know your ISP is Charter, I've looked at your profile and your settings. Let me ask, have you tried the daily notification instead of Instant to see if it made any difference. Also do you have Apples latest update 10.9.3

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Updated to 10.10.3 in July. Have not tried weekly since last year when this happened.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I want to know why every time rivets brings up not getting emails I stop getting them?