Dipping a carb: Walbro LMT with plastic elbow

jsmith24

Threads
Hi all,

I picked up a mower at a steal because it had been sitting with gas in it for years and wouldn't start. I pulled the carb when I got home, and as suspected it is heavily varnished, even in many of the passages. It's a Walbro LMT carb, and I want to soak it overnight in Berrymans Chem-dip carb cleaner, but I'm wondering about the plastic fuel inlet elbow. If you know the Walbro, you know it has that 90 degree plastic elbow for a fuel inlet. Can this be soaked in the Chem-dip? I dread taking it out because the plastic seems like it would snap.

Thoughts or ideas?

Jack.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have found that the newer carburetor cleaners aren't strong enough to harm any plastic parts.

jsmith24

Threads
I have found that the newer carburetor cleaners aren't strong enough to harm any plastic parts.

Hi, and thanks!

After posting, I managed to find an official Berryman post on their site that said pretty much the same thing. I guess if worse comes to worst and it does happen to damage the elbow, I can always replace it later.

Thanks, Reynoldston!

Jack

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That elbow is a replacable item,
It is on aspline so it pull strait out and then you line up the new one & push it strait in.
It is no particularly UV stable so I have broken a few off when trying to remove old hard fuel lines