Steering wheel Not Straight

mrmann901

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a new Husqvarna YTH24V48 Fast Tractor from Lowes on 02/14/2015 and it was delivered about a week later. Due to the weather I just got it prepared today by checking and lubing everything etc. I drove it across the yard and noticed the steering wheel is about 30 degrees off center when the mower is going straight. How do I fix this? I took the center cap off of the wheel but could not remove the bolt holding the wheel on. I felt as if I would break something if I turned any harder. Any ideas on how to get the steering wheel straight?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are going to have to remove the steering wheel to accomplish your task. I suggest an electric or air impact wrench.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nut comes strait off. Under that there is a very coarse spline , wheel pulls up off it rotate & replace.
There is an adjustment under the machine but like most it does not adjust anything other than the position of the steering wheel.
They stopped putting adjustable steering linkages on mowers a long time ago ( makes them cheaper to build ) so if the steering itself is out you will have to replace one or more of the drag links.

chobbs1957

Threads
I bought a new Husqvarna YTH24V48 Fast Tractor from Lowes on 02/14/2015 and it was delivered about a week later. Due to the weather I just got it prepared today by checking and lubing everything etc. I drove it across the yard and noticed the steering wheel is about 30 degrees off center when the mower is going straight. How do I fix this? I took the center cap off of the wheel but could not remove the bolt holding the wheel on. I felt as if I would break something if I turned any harder. Any ideas on how to get the steering wheel straight?

I have had the same problem, both a new and a used unit.. If the link I am pasting works,here is what I did. If not do a search in the Husqvarna/Dixon forum and you can see how I fixed it.
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/small...arna-2346xls-front-wheel-alignment-issue.html