Engine fuel filter location on YTH2448

oliver_cfc

Threads
I have a YTH2448 with B&S engine 446677 0463 E1

I thought that it's probably time to change the fuel filter since I'd never done it before (and the mower is a good few years old now) but I can't find it. Where would it be? The mower manual just shows the fuel line and not where it's located. The B&S manual says "if equipped" so I don't even know for sure if there is one.

As you can tell, I'm rather a novice so assume nothing :)

Whereabouts on the mower is it?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a YTH2448 with B&S engine 446677 0463 E1

I thought that it's probably time to change the fuel filter since I'd never done it before (and the mower is a good few years old now) but I can't find it. Where would it be? The mower manual just shows the fuel line and not where it's located. The B&S manual says "if equipped" so I don't even know for sure if there is one.

As you can tell, I'm rather a novice so assume nothing :)

Whereabouts on the mower is it?

Find the GAS - TANK ...... on the BOTTOM of the gas-tank .... there should be a rubber hose ... it MAY have a fuel shut-off valve (device with a little moveable lever ) whether or not.. follow the hose toward the engine.. if there is something of a cylindrical shape (or other) it should have 2 clamps .... 1 on each side ..... that should be the filter ... provided it has one..
If it DOES NOT ....... GET ONE ......from your local mower shop........ bring ALL information from ENGINE data plates ( stickers ) good luck .....Boobala ..:smile:

oliver_cfc

Threads
Thanks for the response. I tried to trace the fuel line but it's hard to follow (the tank is under the seat.) I guess I'll borrow a 'mo-jack' so I can see better.

I kind of know what I'm looking for, I just couldn't see it around the engine block with the hood raised.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a bit of a strainer iinside the tank but there was no filter fited as standard.
Pull the fuel line out from the hole where it coes out of the firewall cut the tube and put a tap there so it sits just on th engine side of the panel.
A slim filter will work best about 2" back from the carburettor.
This is assuming it has the standard Kohler with an oil filter between the firewall and carb.

oliver_cfc

Threads
This is assuming it has the standard Kohler with an oil filter between the firewall and carb.

Briggs and Stratton I'm afraid. The mower manual mentions changing it every season and the hood has a sticker with the part number so I'm assuming it's there somewhere :)

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you do not see it close to the engine then it does not have one.

Go to a auto parts store and get one.
Half the price as a mower shop.

Yes it's the same filter.

oliver_cfc

Threads
interesting, thanks! So if I can't find it, it's safe to just cut the gas line and add one? It doesn't look too tricky.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
interesting, thanks! So if I can't find it, it's safe to just cut the gas line and add one? It doesn't look too tricky.

Just put it in a place easy to get to.
I use the clear glass ones.
You can see when they get dirty and Just change the inside paper filter.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cut the hose with a pair of by-pass secatures they give the best clean cut and don't forget to put in a tap and use clips on the ends of the tube.