Mower deck mower deck will not go back on help grass is long

brianharris9

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / mower deck will not go back on help grass is long
I can not get my mower deck back on and I dont know what to do. I looked at the diagram on the deck tried that and there is so much slop it doesnt do anything. I pulled up another diagram based off of the model number on the tractor and it shows different then the one on the deck and that doesnt work either.. I topok it off to plow snow. Is there a way that the 2 pulleys under it can get spun aroun so they are backwards or something. It just dont get it and the brake for the blade where that connects it wont reach that far to even connect at all.

I even had a guy come out that owns a small engine lawn mower repair place down the rd from me thinking he would figure it out in just a few minutes 2 hours later still not mowing the grass. Any help would be great.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Brian, I'm sorry to hear your having issues... our knowledgeable members will help you out soon!

Welcome to LMF :smile:

brianharris9

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is a late 90's mtd yard machine 22 horse briggs with a 46 inch deck

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't know much about MTDs, but am sure there are people here that do -- Pictures will help !

brianharris9

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to the forum and don't know how to upload pics

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you reply in the top row above where you enter text is a paperclip,
if you click on that it will open a tab for you to find and upload your pictures.
Then go back to your message and click on the paperclip again and pick the picture to insert.

Try it and let us know !

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is too late for this go around... but with all the linkage brackets and attachments points for the variable deck height ... there is a lot to remember, from season to season...
Once you get it back correct, (and I'm sure you will).. Take several pictures and save them for future reference...

Do post some pictures of what you have now... I am know someone will have the same deck on the same machine... :smile:KennyV

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm new to the forum and don't know how to upload pics

Also ... WELCOME to this great FORUM...
As BKBrown pointed out the paper clip above the text box...
AND below the text box you will find, in bold print Manage Attachments ... click that button and you will be able to browse the folders in your computer... once you have selected them, click the upload button... Then Submit Reply...

Either method will work ... Looking forward to your pics... :smile:KennyV