Kohler 26efi fault code 33

bentley

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey all i have a Kohler 26efi in a walker mower that will hardly run and backfires thru the intake and im getting a fault code 33 i can seem to find that code any where
dose any one know what the code 33 relates to ??

thanks Bentley

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
One thing about Kohler is they have no problem sharing their service manuals. Get your model number and go to the Kohler web sight and look up the service manual and you should be able to find something.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Blink code 33 means system running rich, which would relate to the O2 sensor. Doesn't mean it is the sensor, but could be in any of the related systems. like fuel pressure, faulty injector, etc.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bentlley, Get the factory manual as suggested. It should have helpful trouble shooting guide. You may need it again (even thought I have found the car EFI to be very reliable.) And let us know how you like the machine otherwise,

bentley

Forum Newbie
Threads
we found the problem even tho is had a fault code 33 meaning running rich etc the problem was low fuel pressure caused by a split in the fuel line inside the tank replaced that and its back to its normal self again

i ended up taking it to the walker workshop and they knew what it was as soon as they tryed to start it ... common problem they tell me .... i think its the crap fuel we get over here eats every thing ...