Like to know what you think of this.

valley ranch

Threads
One of the dirty secrets of the soft drink and processed food industries is sodium benzoate. It is a benzene compound that is produced by mixing benzoic acid with sodium hydroxide. It is a common preservative in processed foods and soft drinks. It has been associated with a vast array of health problems, including all of our major epidemics. Sodium benzoate is considerably more toxic than either processed sugar or high fructose corn syrup, yet it gets very little media coverage. It is a bona fide poison. Outside of our foods, benzene is the main ingredient of Liquid Wrench, various paint stripper products, rubber cements, and spot removers, due it its highly destructive and solvent qualities. It was discontinued in rubber manufacture in the U.S. because it caused a large percentage of workers to get leukemia.

Whenever sodium benzoate is exposed to vitamin C, it forms pure benzene. It is astounding that our chemical industry found a method through which they could make vitamin C dangerous. Virtually all soft drinks currently have added synthetic vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid, as if that would make the drinks healthy. This leads to the inevitable creation of dangerous benzene. Its inclusion causes a decrease of red blood cells, a severe depression of the immune system which produces generalized allergy symptoms, leukemia, various other blood cancers, and pre-cancerous blood conditions.

Countries throughout Europe have been pressuring the food industry to voluntarily remove sodium benzoate from products, before more aggressive action is taken. Several European media outlets have called for an absolute ban on this toxic preservative due to concerns about children's developmental safety. The U.S. Government and media have remained disturbingly silent. As usual, there have been no studies in the U.S. about the chemical's effects upon children, but it is studied elsewhere. The chemical industry in the United States is well protected, and studying its effects upon children in the United States would be career suicide for any researcher, as has happened with many researchers of fluoride. Meanwhile, thousands of children are dying of leukemia.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
What I think of it is, you are going overboard, Go get yourself a nice BIG MAC, large order of fry's, wash it down with a large soda, enjoy life. :smile:

NorthBama

Threads
What I think of it is, you are going overboard, Go get yourself a nice BIG MAC, large order of fry's, wash it down with a large soda, enjoy life. :smile:
:laughing: Too Funny

Parkmower

Threads
Interesting read. But what will we mix the rum with?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And if you are going to post items such as this which require careful considered & detailed analysys it would be considered prudent to cite your references.
Popular science ?
New England Journal of Medicine ?
New Scientist ?
or Y-tube ?

FWIW benzene has been under severely restricted usage since the 70's when it was removed from rubber cement
It was banned worldwide for use as a solvent cleaner in the 80's ( that was the predominant smell in a shoe repair shop ).
It is the only mineral solvent that dries leaving no residue so we usd in by the gallon in the annalytical lab.
By the end of the 80's we all had to do a trade certificate in the safe use & disposal of benzene and also keep a ledger of its usage.
Finally by 1994 ( in Aust ) it was baned for all but military use.
It has been replaced with near 200 different products that all will not do the job as good as benzene , costs substantially more and most have now been found to be substantially more dangerious than Benzene as many have been found to do chromosome damage so not only do you get sick but you pass it on to all your future generations ( gees, a really good move )

The world still produces a **** load of by product benzene that is considerd way too dangerious for solvent use but OK to mix with fuel up to 42% down here.
I would be really interested to see exactly how the benzoate manages to react with asorbic acid to produce pure benzene as that is against the first law of thermodynamics so you would have to pump a lot of energy in there and use at least one catalysts if not two to get the reaction happening.
When you post the balanced reaction do not forget to add the entrophy equations as well .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And FWIW most paint strippers are simply caustic soda ( lye) dissolved in either acetone , thinners or Isopropal alcohol depending upon which type of paint they are designed to remove.
Benzene is a degreaser ( organic solvent ) so it is possible that it is added to penetrating solutions like liquid wrench which would explain why it is such a poor penetrating solution.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think that some people need to get a life. I grew up drinking unpasturized milk, water with so much iron in it it would settle to the bottom of the pitcher. We ate fresh food right out of the garden, many times with dirt on because we didn't care. If the food was not canned, pickled, salted, smoked, dried or frozen, had to eat in a week. Mom baked twice a week with more lard and sugar than is recommended I should have in a year. Favorite foods to this day are headcheese, smoked suckers and bacon, pickled eggs and herring. Our fertilizer had more more chemicals than I want to know and really don't care about. When fast food came around ate as much as I could find, even though it contains things that people who want to save the world say is going to kill me. Since I started working I have called in sick for a total of four days. I also smoke, drink and enjoy life in all ways legally possible to the fullest. Sorry reynoldston even though I like a Mac and fries, I think this guy would be better off with a couple of Woppers, Onion rings, cheese curds and 2or3 PBR's. Live your life to the fullest and let others live theirs as they wish. If you wish to push an agenda on things other than those things about LawnWorld, please find another forum. Have to go clean a carb and sniff some cleaning chemicals.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think that some people need to get a life. I grew up drinking unpasturized milk, water with so much iron in it it would settle to the bottom of the pitcher. We ate fresh food right out of the garden, many times with dirt on because we didn't care. If the food was not canned, pickled, salted, smoked, dried or frozen, had to eat in a week. Mom baked twice a week with more lard and sugar than is recommended I should have in a year. Favorite foods to this day are headcheese, smoked suckers and bacon, pickled eggs and herring. Our fertilizer had more more chemicals than I want to know and really don't care about. When fast food came around ate as much as I could find, even though it contains things that people who want to save the world say is going to kill me. Since I started working I have called in sick for a total of four days. I also smoke, drink and enjoy life in all ways legally possible to the fullest. Sorry reynoldston even though I like a Mac and fries, I think this guy would be better off with a couple of Woppers, Onion rings, cheese curds and 2or3 PBR's. Live your life to the fullest and let others live theirs as they wish. If you wish to push an agenda on things other than those things about LawnWorld, please find another forum. Have to go clean a carb and sniff some cleaning chemicals.

NO PROBLIM, Full size Wopper, large order of Onion rings, cheese curds, washed down with a Pepsi, and I will makeing my own gas.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Raised to eat balanced diet and yet...the gauchos in Argentina eat only beef and the eskimos only blubber without undue complications so go figure. Perhaps just "stay humble" and listen.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My gas has ethanol.