Do any of you run one of these in your business?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have used one now for two winters on one of our contract properties and it does an excellent job. The one we run came from a Pawn Shop and looked brand new but is several years old. It has a Tecumseh Motor on it.

Attachments

• image-3508858785.jpg
    image-3508858785.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 30

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A vacuum wood chipper ?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like a leaf vac.
I've wanted one, but brand new they are expensive. I rather use my back pack blower.

bt3

Threads
I have run one, but not in a Lawnmowing business. I have used it for clearing parking lots and grass fields for public events.

Great machine. Worked for me very well.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have run one, but not in a Lawnmowing business. I have used it for clearing parking lots and grass fields for public events. Great machine. Worked for me very well.

We have a facility that we take care of that we use it to keep an alley clean. There are many, many trees down one side. Blowing e leaves out with a blower works good but normally the leaves will be back in a very short time. Picking them up with the Merry Mac that grinds them up and dumping them keeps it much cleaner much longer than just blowing them out

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a facility that we take care of that we use it to keep an alley clean. There are many, many trees down one side. Blowing e leaves out with a blower works good but normally the leaves will be back in a very short time. Picking them up with the Merry Mac that grinds them up and dumping them keeps it much cleaner much longer than just blowing them out

What about speed? How's it do? How long does it take to empty a bag? How long to fill with a moderate amount of debris? Good wet?

Parkmower

Threads
We have 4. Two are Clarke with Tecumsehs. One is a Parker with a kholer. And a billy goat with a Honda. We use them mainly for parking lot curbs and cigarette butts in our 10,000 person outdoor amphitheater.

I like the clarkes. The Parker was not used at all this year and is in kinda ruff shape. Thing I don't like is it has soft inflatable tires = flats.
The billy goat was new last year and I know operators liked it.
Bag fill time depends on situation. Sucking up butts can take long time to fill bag Then leaves from curbs in fall can fill a bag in 20 min.
emptying takes a couple mins. Does do good with wet leaves but not as good with soaked matted down leaves.

The one thing all operators agree on. Regardless of brand they all create a very dusty dirty smelly cloud. Very dirty machines= air filters often.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
What about speed? How's it do? How long does it take to empty a bag? How long to fill with a moderate amount of debris? Good wet?
It has a three speed transmission with reverse. I estimate at in high gear it will travel about 3mph. Emptying the bag is relatively fast. The back end of the bag has zippers and will open completely to dump stuff out the rear. It has a draw type band over the neck where it fills. Thus taking it off completely is only a short time if you want to dump it say on the pickup. It also reduces leaves 8X. In other words 8 black bags will reduce down to one.......

I have actually used it on wet leaves so that water is oz zing out of the bag though I would only do that in extreme situations.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
It has a three speed transmission with reverse. I estimate at in high gear it will travel about 3mph. Emptying the bag is relatively fast. The back end of the bag has zippers and will open completely to dump stuff out the rear. It has a draw type band over the neck where it fills. Thus taking it off completely is only a short time if you want to dump it say on the pickup. It also reduces leaves 8X. In other words 8 black bags will reduce down to one.......

I have actually used it on wet leaves so that water is oz zing out of the bag though I would only do that in extreme situations.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I have 2 billy goats, mine have the brigs on them, we primarily use them with leaf removal. I like them in small yards or around curbs. I think they're worth having in your tool kit. they're just a little heavier then a push mower and can easily be put in the bed of your truck if you're short on space for your trailer