Courage 22 Flooding/hard Starting

303hunter

Threads
Hello,
I have a Cub Cadet RZT 42" with a Kohler Courage 22. When I try to start it, it turns over fine but won't start. I can try again about 30 minutes later, and it usually starts, but with a strong odor of gasoline. Starts up fine when engine is hot, but if it sits overnight, I have to go through the whole process again. Any ideas would be appreciated. Mower is about two years old.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
My suspicion would be the needle valve in the carb isn't sealing properly, and is slowly seeping causing a flooding situation when it sits over night.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My suspicion would be the needle valve in the carb isn't sealing properly, and is slowly seeping causing a flooding situation when it sits over night.

One of the biggest complaints I see on this forum, flooding. The newer gas damages the needle valve tips.

303hunter

Threads
One of the biggest complaints I see on this forum, flooding. The newer gas damages the needle valve tips.

Thought about that. I changed over to non-ethanol gas in all my outdoor equipment last summer, but I could have waited too long. My daughters four wheeler sat for six months with that crap gasohol in it, and the carb was trashed. Had to buy a new carb.

royrodgers

Threads

I will say "AMEN" to that! The new gas is murderous to smaller engines, and their needle valve tips. I have been having that same problem for the last couple of springs, after my mowers, blowers and trimmers have set all winter. I know I should have taken precautions in the fall, but winter sets in and catches me off guard. I am going to try to do better in the future.

303hunter

Threads
Does anyone know what carb kit I'll need to rebuild? Need to get it running right before spring gets here.