928 D

ctm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 928D grasshopper mower. When I last started the mower, the lights remained on even after I stopped the engine. It started to smoke below the control box so I unhooked the positive battery cable (it was very hot). When I re-hooked the battery terminal, the lights remain off. The tractor does start but will not remain running. I have looked but cannot find where it was smoking. Any ideas? thanks.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Something is partially or totally directing current to ground without a load such as lites, starter solenoid, PTO. Runaway current causes your wiring to become a toaster. Look for brown colored insulation on wires and bulges in wiring. Check the fuse box if you have one , otherwise look at "inline" fuse holder to see if the fuses are blown. Look for loose wires that have broken and are flapping around. Vibration and movement breaks wires. Components can fail such as motors and switches. Maybe someone with specific experience with your machine will respond.

173abn

Threads
fuses are under the control panel.I had problems w/toasted wires when I first bought mine.have to remove the fender to really get a good look at things in there as there is a lot of wires in there.not a difficult job to get it apart but if you don't have a manuel the wires can be a bit confusing. russ