Air Filters

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Briggs operators manuals for my former 26 HP ELS and current 30 HP Commercial Turf engines say to tap the filter to remove loose dust.
The Hustler/Kawasaki operators manual for my FX730V engine says to monitor the airflow meter and replace both filter elements when the meter indicates to do so, and to NOT shake, tap or blow the filter elements to clean them up as the accumulated dust causes the filters elements to catch smaller particles. The Kawasaki has a Donaldson two stage HD filtering system and Hustler adds an airflow meter.
My Hustler X-ONE is a rear discharge machine and is still on the original air filter elements at 275 Hours. My Scag Tiger Cub with 200 Hours on the Briggs Commercial Turf engine is on its 3rd air filter element, but this machine has a collection system and is very dusty during operation. I tap this filter to remove the loose dust and I replace it when the interior element starts to lose its bright white color. I wear goggles and a dust mask while operating my Scag.
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:
US Army Aviation E-7 Retired:thumbsup: