LX 172 Fuel Pump?

Darrel

Threads
I have a LX 172 that was my dads. The last time I mowed with it it would be running fine and then just die and would not start again for about 15 minutes. I would notice that there was little to no gas pumping threw the filter when I would crank it . Then minutes later it would start and go for a while then do the same again. I am thinking maybe the fuel pump? The motor will start right up when you prime it and keep pouring gas in the carb . I took the pump off yesterday and cleaned it but I still do not see any gas go threw the filter to the carb. Any way to check to see if this is the fuel pump that is the problem, I hate to spend $50.00 for a new one and it still will not run. Thanks:frown:

Darrel

Threads
Found the problem it was the carb solinoid in the bottom of the carb. A friend said you should hear a little click in the solinoid when you turn on the key . There is a small pen that sticks out and goes back and forth. Mine was stuck solid a little carb cleaner and WD 40 and it workes like a new one . Thought I would relay in case someone has the same issues.

fastback

Threads
Thanks for the info. I would have also suggested checking the fuel cap to make sure the vent was not plugged. Good job.