cub cadet 127

fordfanlgt100

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi i'm new to the forum and i would like to introduce my self and my tractors i'm from wisconsin and really enjoy working on my tractors. i have a john deere 117 14 horse a troy-bilt pony 17.5 horse and a ford lgt 100 10 horse. i was thinking about getting a cub cadet 127 for a summer project and i was wondering if they were all hydro-static or if some of them came with clutch drive thanks for any feedback.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Cub Cadet forum.

mlhutch1937

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also own a Cadet 127, with hydro drive. The original engine went belly up. I happened to find a small engine shop going out of business. They had the original K engine for the 127's which I bout. It was a new engine, complete, not rebuilt or short block. New life for the tractor is wonderful, in the summer, but when the temps get between 35 to 40 degrees the engine prefires or kicks back on starting. I contracted Kohler Co with the question of what to do. Lighter weight oil was suggested, but that really didn't help much. I think this engine is to fire at 3 degree BTDC and will do so on slow revolutions. I have checked the starter, OK. New battery, same problem. Set points at recommended setting, no difference. I would like to find a way to retard the spark to perhaps 5 Degree PTDC with being able to advance the spark after starting. I don't believe I can change the timing that much by points adjustments. Any ideas???

mrfred54

Threads
are you sure its the timing. remove the sparkplug wire and roll it over and see if it kicks back like you said,if it still kicks back then it is probably the compression release needs to be adjusted