Repairs Chain Saw

TroyJackson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I couldn't find a more appropriate forum for this question, I have a Husqvarna 575XP Chain Saw that will start, but stalls when the throttle is pressed. I removed and cleaned the carburetor and still have the same problem. It will start but will stall when the throttle is pressed. I also checked the compression release valve and it is no leaking. It will only run while choked and I can keep it running by working the choke. The high and low carb settings have stops on them and it doesn't matter where they are positioned.
I have changed the plug, air filter, fuel filter and plug. I have tried running it without the fuel filter, without the air filter, full choke, half choke, and every high/low carb setting that is possible and all combinations. I have pulled it until I have had chest pains with no luck. It has spark and I have tried it with starting fluid. Nothing that I have tried makes any difference. I t runs then it stalls...

Any suggestions???

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would either have the carb rebuilt and adjusted by a good repair shop or replace the carb. Those small carbs can drive even the best mechanic to drink.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
List on new carb is $51 At that point it is flip of a coin to replace or not. In the shop I would really consider replacing the carb, especially if the saw has a primer pump. Carb check valves have a habit of sticking open when the saw is disassembled for cleaning. Stick open and it won't prime, and you have to eat the carb kit and replace the carb anyway.