Repairs Husky Chain Saw Question

TroyJackson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I couldn't find a more appropriate forum for this question, I have a Husqvarna 575XP Chain Saw that will start, but stalls when the throttle is pressed. I removed and cleaned the carburetor and still have the same problem. It will start but will stall when the throttle is pressed. I also checked the compression release valve and it is no leaking. It will only run while choked and I can keep it running by working the choke. The high and low carb settings have stops on them and it doesn't matter where they are positioned.
I have changed the plug, air filter, fuel filter and plug. I have tried running it without the fuel filter, without the air filter, full choke, half choke, and every high/low carb setting that is possible and all combinations. I have pulled it until I have had chest pains with no luck. It has spark and I have tried it with starting fluid. Nothing that I have tried makes any difference. I t runs then it stalls...

Any suggestions???

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
High octane gas and Husqvarna 2 cycle oil, let us know how it goes, thanks.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Troy, Only limited experience here with chainsaws, so I'll do some armchair blather... You did not tell us if the starvation problem disappers when at normal (hot) operating range. I think you know it seems like a fuel starvation problem. When the butterfly is opened the mix strength is probably going so lean it will not fire. Sounds like "perhaps" a plugged main jet passage way or main jet orifice. If you cannot get it into normal operating range perhaps the choke is the problem. There are some good chainsaw guys on this forum so perhaps this feeble attempt will motivate them to respond,

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you "cleaned" the carb, if you didn't remove the LO and HI needle valves, then you didn't completely clean the carb.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
so let me try to figure this out. The saw will idle but dies when the throttle is opened. Sounds like a restricted fuel flow or jet. Either clogged fuel filter, or clogged carb. Most of the time with the newer style emissions carbs, the passages are so small you cannot properly clean one, and usually will have to replace the carb.

new carb is $52.00

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use a digestive type cleaner that is water soluble to clean carbs, but one needs to careful when dealing with these tiny carbs and sometimes a new carb is the best way to go as has been mentioned.
I have also found damaged fuel hoses that will allow a saw to start but not accelerate.
Understand that although very small, these carbs are a carb, fuel bowl and fuel pump combined and are able to operate in any position.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Trying to describe how your carb works and how to fix it on a text based forum is a bit difficult.
Walbro has an excellent technical section Service Manuals.

While you most likely have a Chineese copy on your saw down lad the manuals and have a look at the neat clean colour diagrams showing how they work.
Basically it will be either a butterfly or drum.
Note how the extra fuel gets delivered as you open the throttle.
Those holes a really really tiny and there are internal filter screens that block up as well.
What the boys have already said holds as far s carbs go. it is starving.

I like to eliminate the elecrics fist so I use a cheap in line neon tune spark tester wnich you can buy at any auto parts shop for about $ 5.
Pop it on and start the saw, if the light is still flashing as the saw is slowing down & dying then the problem is in the fuel system.
If the light goes out before the saw stops then you have an electrical problem.