Raptor SD

Canoe1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought the Raptor SD and I'm very satisfied with the look of my 3 acres. I thought as rough as my property is that there would be more scalping but it really did a nice job. The only complaint I have is the deck spring broke at only 5 hours. Dealership replaced it with no problem but I apparently did not have the deck belt on properly. I'm guessing maybe a twist and the belt broke 2 hours later. I'm going back to dealership this morning to get a new one. I'm not sure the actual size of this belt as I haven't found a cross reference size to the part #604817. I hope this is not a re-occurring problem with this deck.

Another thing I should note is a comment from my neighbor who has been mowing his 3 acres with a Club Cadet ZTR. He could not tell a difference between the sound when the mower was engaged or disengaged. Smooth running.

lsb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up the Raptor SD 54' on Saturday. Used it for the first time several evenings ago and loved it. Did have a few small bolts that needed to be retighted after mowing, but overall, performance was great. Wasn't sure between the Raptor and the SD, but decided on the SD due to the height, comfort of the seat, foot lever to raise the deck and the additional horsepower. Also in the deciding factor was the serviceable transmission.

Overall, after one time mowing, I am happy. I'll update with any new developments going foward.

RaptorSD

Threads
I recently bought the Raptor SD and I'm very satisfied with the look of my 3 acres. I thought as rough as my property is that there would be more scalping but it really did a nice job. The only complaint I have is the deck spring broke at only 5 hours. Dealership replaced it with no problem but I apparently did not have the deck belt on properly. I'm guessing maybe a twist and the belt broke 2 hours later. I'm going back to dealership this morning to get a new one. I'm not sure the actual size of this belt as I haven't found a cross reference size to the part #604817. I hope this is not a re-occurring problem with this deck.

Another thing I should note is a comment from my neighbor who has been mowing his 3 acres with a Club Cadet ZTR. He could not tell a difference between the sound when the mower was engaged or disengaged. Smooth running.

My RaptorSD deck spring distended today at 8hrs, belt shredded also. The grass was pretty tall but I finished up the job fine on my Craftsman LT2000 :ashamed:

Now maybe the blades are dull but I'm pretty disappointed it couldn't handle this I was not 20mins into it. Maybe it's not made for this, then again I know the Craftsman is not.

RaptorSD

Threads
I picked up the Raptor SD 54' on Saturday. Used it for the first time several evenings ago and loved it. Did have a few small bolts that needed to be retighted after mowing, but overall, performance was great. Wasn't sure between the Raptor and the SD, but decided on the SD due to the height, comfort of the seat, foot lever to raise the deck and the additional horsepower. Also in the deciding factor was the serviceable transmission.

Overall, after one time mowing, I am happy. I'll update with any new developments going foward.

Mind telling us what bolts to check? I checked over most I think, didn't find anything. Thanks

MRCo.

Threads
FYI folks, all SDs are being recalled for an extra spacer fitting to the clutch due to bearing failures. Notice came to the shop today. It's a quick fix by your dealer.

lsb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mind telling us what bolts to check? I checked over most I think, didn't find anything. Thanks

One of the arms came loose at the shaft. I was mowing and realized that i was needing to push much harder on the to turn right. Looked down and the arm's bolt was competely loose. Nothing major, but thought it strange, being as this is brand spankin' new!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can get a toro Titan. Has better warranties better hydro drive systems zt3100. I think 22 inch tires. Completely welded deck. I think the Titan zx 48 you can get under 5000. I'm going to be buying the titan MX 54 inch because I will get it for 5500 and cause they stopped making this model in a 48 inch cut.

I agree completely...and I would get the Toro Titan MX series before buying the new RSD offering from Hustler. Don't get me wrong, Hustler don't make no junk....but slapping some ZT2800 serviceable trannies and the other "improvements" over the Hustler Sport may make it a better Residential offering from Hustler but overall it is still pale in comparison to some other high-end Residential ZTR's. I almost pulled the trigger myself on a 2012 Toro Titan MX5480 which IMHO is one of the "most Commercially built" Residential ZTR's on the market and has a best-in-class Warranty to back it up. I also really liked the Toro Z-Master 1000 entry level Commercial series, but ended up getting my Gravely which was a better deal and had everything I was looking for(I had set my mind on an entry-level Commercial). Again, IMHO you would have to spend considerably more money(and get a FAsTrak or FasTrak SD) to match the quality of the Toro Titan.