Hustler raptor, Big Boy MZ, Dixon 42SE. Our first ZT

txtrigger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Who ever started this forum, THANK YOU! What a great resource. And thanks to all who contribute.

After reading here, and looking at our local dealers, I think I am leaning towards the Hustler Raptor 52" with the 23hp Kaw engine ($3000)

Looked at a Big Boy MZ 42" with the 726 cc KAW FR ($3400) or the 21hp Briggs ($3000)

And Dixon 42" with KAW 21.5hp ($3700)

All are at local dealers, who also are repair shops.

We really had liked some of the first units we looked at when kicking tires at Lowes and Home Depot that had decks that dropped easy, and floors under the feet that lifted out to get to belts easy. We had a Husky that we were always changing belts and blades. But maybe the ability to do so easy is not needed with a mower more suited for the job???

So, any issues anyone has had that would steer them away from the Hustler? When looking at size of deck and engine, vs price, and it looked like it was built tough, it really seems the best for the money.

1 acre yard thats very "country" (not well groomed or pretty), 1 acre small pasture that I like to mow thats rough, parkway that is 1/2 acre worth, often tall johnson grass.