poulan2500 chainsaw, will not run under load

donb1963

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a poulan 2500 chainsaw that I had to replace the fuel lines on due to cracking. It ran great prior to the replacement. Now it starts up great but when you hit the throttle to put a load on it, it dies out. I've adjusted the carb, replaced the fuel filter, checked the muffler to see if it is clogged, replaced the spark plug and cleaned the air filter. All of these are obvious things to check.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what else I can check/do to get it going? it has been a great saw for me and I hate to just put it on a shelf and not be able to use it anymore...

I did buy a new Husqvarna and love it, buyt it's always good to have another around with all of the clean-up I have to do on my land and my in-laws land...

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I had done all that - I'd be more likely to think it got some debris in the inlet to the carb when replacing the fuel lines. I'd check the jets and air cleaner. Good Luck !

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
there is probably debris in the screen inside the carb on the fuel inlet side

jimbo64

Threads
I have a poulan 2500 chainsaw that I had to replace the fuel lines on due to cracking. It ran great prior to the replacement. Now it starts up great but when you hit the throttle to put a load on it, it dies out. I've adjusted the carb, replaced the fuel filter, checked the muffler to see if it is clogged, replaced the spark plug and cleaned the air filter. All of these are obvious things to check.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what else I can check/do to get it going? it has been a great saw for me and I hate to just put it on a shelf and not be able to use it anymore...

I did buy a new Husqvarna and love it, buyt it's always good to have another around with all of the clean-up I have to do on my land and my in-laws land...

is chain to tight- is roller bearing on end of bar free turning-----most have grease hole:wink: