Firing only one cylinder

alexhammer

Threads
I have a Briggs and Stratton 22 hp V-twin engine on my ztr. I was servicing my mower so I unplugged both spark plugs after I finished up I only plugged on I had forgot to plug the other. After I noticed it was not plugged I ran it for 5 minutes riding. So did this hurt the engine in any way???? besides not producing the correct horsepower

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Briggs and Stratton 22 hp V-twin engine on my ztr. I was servicing my mower so I unplugged both spark plugs after I finished up I only plugged on I had forgot to plug the other. After I noticed it was not plugged I ran it for 5 minutes riding. So did this hurt the engine in any way???? besides not producing the correct horsepower
Your V twin will be fine. There are V 8 engines that are powered with 4 cylinders of one bank and compress natural gas with the 4 cylinders of the opposite bank.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Only damage that you can do is to the coil, if you still have spark to that plug you should be alright.

n8300n

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 616 that's firing on one cylendar. It's been a solid machine. Without the engine manual I don't knowwherebto start. Anyone have the 616 manual in PDF?

Threads
I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:

chance123

Threads
Your V twin will be fine. There are V 8 engines that are powered with 4 cylinders of one bank and compress natural gas with the 4 cylinders of the opposite bank.

I never heard of this before. Care to explain? 4 cylinders with natural gas, and the other 4 cylinders with what?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fire is a possibility as intake charge is spewed out over the dangling spark plug connector. You escaped this so good on you.:laughing: