Hustler Sport

g00seegg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

I am new to the forum and am looking for some help deciding on a ZTR. I have a 1/2 acre, some hills, kentucky blue grass, well maintained lot. I have looked at few mowers, Exmark Quest S, Toro MX5060 and SS5000. Thought about a Dixie Chopper ZEE 1, dealer has no expirence with it though. So after much looking I have come across the opportunity to buy a Hustler Sport 48 with a Honda GXV530 for $3000 OTD(new old stock, no roll bar). The price seems pretty good, but have reservations about the engine.

Does any one have any input on this engine? Some negatives I have read about being rebuilt. Should I stay away or is it too good to pass on?

Lawnranger

Threads
Hi

I am new to the forum and am looking for some help deciding on a ZTR. I have a 1/2 acre, some hills, kentucky blue grass, well maintained lot. I have looked at few mowers, Exmark Quest S, Toro MX5060 and SS5000. Thought about a Dixie Chopper ZEE 1, dealer has no expirence with it though. So after much looking I have come across the opportunity to buy a Hustler Sport 48 with a Honda GXV530 for $3000 OTD(new old stock, no roll bar). The price seems pretty good, but have reservations about the engine.

Does any one have any input on this engine? Some negatives I have read about being rebuilt. Should I stay away or is it too good to pass on?

No personal experience with this engine but have probably read the same negative reviews as you. All manufacturers have their lemons.

Popeye

Threads
Dea;er I got a quote from on a Hustler Sport had all his come in with Kaw engines. Too much trouble with Honda on warranty and parts issues. Just passing info.
One one of the reasons I bought my SnapperPro

g00seegg

Forum Newbie
Threads
just talked with another dealer, he said he only sells them with a Kaw. engine $4150 + tax. Said he wasn't familiar with alot trouble with Honda engines but general preferred Kaw. because of their great reputation

Popeye

Threads
For that price i would buy a SnapperPro S50x with a 48" deck. More money but you get the FX series Kaw commercial engine and a 3100 Commercial rated transmissions. Why I bought the SnapperPro. The one with the Honda might turn out OK. Still in warranty? FULL warranty? If the savings offset future repairs might be worth a shot. Of course I'm not writing the check for it.:laughing :smile:

g00seegg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just spoke with my dealer again, full warranty, delivered, and a test on my lawn before we shake hands for $3,000. Asked him about any troubles with the Honda engine(rebuilds and what not) and nothing out the of the ordinary on repairs other than a throttle cable out of adjustment. Test drove in the parking lot, I must say very smooth controls compared to a John Deere Z245 which I borrowed from my brother.

Going to to look at a used Fastrack with Kawasaki on Friday before I make my decision.

g00seegg

Forum Newbie
Threads
bought a used fastrak superduty with a 186 hrs at auction on friday. residential use with transferable warranty, 25kaw, 54 deck. more deck than i wanted but who cares for the price i got it $3400

Popeye

Threads
where's the pics? And your avatar needs to be upgraded.