John Deere F525 miss firing

Steve2000

Threads
Hello: I have a John Deere F525. After running for about 20 minutes it starts miss firing. Eventually it will stop. It will always start right back up but continue to miss fire until it cuts out again. If I let it cool down for 5 or 10 minutes it will run good until it gets hot again and start the same thing all over again. Does any one have any idea of what is wrong?

PJ

Threads
Steve2000 said:
Hello: I have a John Deere F525. After running for about 20 minutes it starts miss firing. Eventually it will stop. It will always start right back up but continue to miss fire until it cuts out again. If I let it cool down for 5 or 10 minutes it will run good until it gets hot again and start the same thing all over again. Does any one have any idea of what is wrong?

Start by replacing the plugs check th HT leads where it touhes the body this woul be your starting point

Regards
PJ

Sent from my iPad using LMF

chance123

Threads
You might also check that your fuel cap vent is functioning. Fuel filter. dirt in fuel tank. Often times when the fuel is being drawn from the tank, some and any dirt will be drawn to the outlet like a vacume. When the engine stops, the suction is gone, and the debris gets scattered in the tank again. Sometimes the outlet in the tank is about 1/2 inch above the bottom of the tank so any debris will be below the fuel outlet which also means water

Steve2000

Threads
Thank you both for your ideas. They both are good. I will check the electrical first and if that doesn't cure it I will look into the gas side. One question though, what are the HT leads? Do you mean high tension? (Spark plug lead)
Thanks, Steve

PJ

Threads
Steve2000 said:
Thank you both for your ideas. They both are good. I will check the electrical first and if that doesn't cure it I will look into the gas side. One question though, what are the HT leads? Do you mean high tension? (Spark plug lead)
Thanks, Steve

Thats correct steve spark plug leads
Regards
PJ

Sent from my iPad using LMF

Steve2000

Threads
I started checking the things that were suggested. I looked at the plug and the high tension wire. They both looked like new. I discovered it was low on oil so I added it. When I finally needed to run it again it ran fine. I believe it was just a bit low on oil. Thanks guys for all your suggestions.
Steve

PJ

Threads
I started checking the things that were suggested. I looked at the plug and the high tension wire. They both looked like new. I discovered it was low on oil so I added it. When I finally needed to run it again it ran fine. I believe it was just a bit low on oil. Thanks guys for all your suggestions.
Steve

Hi Steve
Does not make sence. Unless your machine has a low oil level cut out. It would be worth it to check the owners manual

Regards
PJ

Steve2000

Threads
I believe it is equipped with a low level shut off.
Soon I will be using it to gather leaves. I will know weather it's fixed or not then.
Thanks to all for all your suggistions.