Fall gardens

dria

Threads
What is everyone doing for their gardens for the fall. I am going to be quite busy so I do not know if I will do anything. But I would love to know what others are planning to do for the fall.. is it officially fall yet?

scooter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just under another week until fall begins. Mine isn't a spectacular garden, because it's getting rather damp now, I'm just going to let the grass grow.

KDL

Threads
I'm cutting mine back and transplanting and splitting some others. I need to move things around that I had moved earlier in the spring, my garden looks awful right now, it needs attention.

carla6

Threads
Well, I know this isn't very imaginative but I'm simply going to forego the flower garden and plant pumpkins for my kids for Halloween ! It may not be pretty, but they'll love it.

Georgian

Threads
It gets cold here very early, so I plan to remove all the impatiences and put in mums and those plants that look like cabbages.

The grass keeps growing, even if we get a frost, so I plan to keep on it until the snow flies.

Green Girl

Threads
I'm planting spring blooming bulbs. I'm doing it in waves, meaning I'm spacing out the timing when I plant each batch of bulbs so I have a continuous progression of spring flowers. Easier to get the work done that way too!

Georgian

Threads
Green Girl, its so nice that you can plant bulbs. I love those early spring flowers. Crocuses, tulips, daffs. Alas I have a major problem with squirrels. We have black and gray squirrels here where I live, and they love to dig up my bulbs and carry them away. So alas I haven't been able to follow your example.