2007 DLS3500 Craftsman Lawn Tractor

Joe1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, All
I really like this Lawn Tractor, But, I'm having a problem with it, When I disengage the Lever that operates the blades, The blades continue to run, It just started at end of last mowing season. I reduce the speed to Idle but, When I try to change the baggers and remove grass, The blades continue to turn and when I raise bagger Lid the air from blades turning comes through the side tube and blows up in My face. Anyone else had this problem and how or what did it take to get blades to stop running ?

Thanks in advance ! Joe

dp14

Threads
U might have to small of a belt or belts. If is to tight they will not disingage.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, All
I really like this Lawn Tractor, But, I'm having a problem with it, When I disengage the Lever that operates the blades, The blades continue to run, It just started at end of last mowing season. I reduce the speed to Idle but, When I try to change the baggers and remove grass, The blades continue to turn and when I raise bagger Lid the air from blades turning comes through the side tube and blows up in My face. Anyone else had this problem and how or what did it take to get blades to stop running ?

Thanks in advance ! Joe

Usually its the deck pulley brakes not engaging due to adjustment or excess wear.

Joe1

Forum Newbie
Threads
U might have to small of a belt or belts. If is to tight they will not disingage.

Thank You, for the reply , I'm a Newboot on here and I'm learning more and about this site, There is lots of Great Info on here.
I read somewhere that even dirt could cause this problem. I used it all last summer and it worked fine till Fall Season came up and the leaves began to fall and that's when the problem started, I would generally just idle down to Idle speed and change my bagger. But, When I released the blade stop lever. It started to slowly wind down but the blades continued to run. But, I'll check the belts and see if that solves the Mystery !

Joe1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Usually its the deck pulley brakes not engaging due to adjustment or excess wear.

Thank You, for the reply , I'm a Newboot on here and I'm learning more and about this site, There is lots of Great Info on here.
I read somewhere that even dirt could cause this problem. I used it all last summer and it worked fine till Fall Season came up and the leaves began to fall and that's when the problem started, I would generally just idle down to Idle speed and change my bagger. But, When I released the blade stop lever. It started to slowly wind down but the blades continued to run. I think, It said something about dirt and such above the Idler pulley, But, I'm not sure, But, I'll check all the pulleys and see if that solves the problem !

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Cable that runs into the blade engage handle in the steering house down to the deck is stretched .

Joe1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cable that runs into the blade engage handle in the steering house down to the deck is stretched .

:smile: Thanks Everyone ! I think, I got it fixed for now. I lowered the deck all the way down and cleaned alot of grass & such from around Idler Pulley and all pulleys, I then used WD-40 and sprayed everything that looked like it should move. While at the same time working the lever that engages the blades, I would spray WD-40 and work the lever ,It took a bout 3 times and the blade is stopping now as it should ! But, I think, the belt might need to be replaced soon.