2800 drives oil seepage....

577jersey

Threads
I found a little oil seepage on my left drive tonight,,its not leaking just has some dust stuck to it where it got wet with oil.
Its on the outside bottom of the drive,,looks to be a small ROUND vent or maybe a weep hole from an inner shaft???
Anybody else have any light seepage on their drives,at 30 hours is this normal?
I will post a pic of the exact area tomorrow morning here.

Thanks

Tom :)

Here is a pic..I snuk out to the shed on the wife..lol..i cleaned off the area so the pic would be clear,its still blurry and too close..anybody else have oil seepage here?

DSCF2519_zpsxhzwafzk.jpg

Last edited:

577jersey

Threads
Well I guess nobody else gets the seepage off the drives...Im gonna run it hard tomorrow and see if I can get another pic of it while its dirty with dust stuck to the oil.

Later on guys!!

turboawd

Threads
i cant make out what i'm looking at.

577jersey

Threads
i cant make out what i'm looking at.

Ill try to expand the pic some more,,its such a tight spot it was hard to get cam in there without getting it too close...there is a small round nipple shape section on the outboard bottom side,,just below a baseball sized heat fin casting section....no biggie just curious if any of yours are seeping yet.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is your "brake cam shaft" and it should not be leaking. It has an o-ring for sealing.

577jersey

Threads
That is your "brake cam shaft" and it should not be leaking. It has an o-ring for sealing.
Oh ok Chuck,,well I ran it hard all day long and it had a little bit around the seal,no drips just a really small wet spot enough to get my finger tip.
Ill keep an eye on it and if it starts dripping Ill bring it in for warranty service,,i cant be without this mower for too long..lol

Thanks for the reply Chuck!!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh ok Chuck,,well I ran it hard all day long and it had a little bit around the seal,no drips just a really small wet spot enough to get my finger tip.
Ill keep an eye on it and if it starts dripping Ill bring it in for warranty service,,i cant be without this mower for too long..lol

Thanks for the reply Chuck!!

I would wait till end of season then take it in.

577jersey

Threads
I would wait till end of season then take it in.

Amen on that brother!!
The reservoir has been right at the cold mark every-time I check it,,i had to add a few oz's during the first 10 hours,,the hydros are rock solid on this mower so far.

Take care have a good weekend and Happy Pappy to ya!

577jersey

Threads
UPDATE on this thread..Took the SD in a few weeks ago and Hustler put two brand new 2800 hydros on it for free,,just for a leaky o-ring,could have ran the mower like that for 5 years or more,only dripped maybe 3 drips per day.
Anyway,135 hours strong with two new hydros.
Thanks Hustler!!!!!