Jacking mower from rear to store for winter

Rico31286

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got my first zero turn this year. It is a Raptor Sd 54". I am looking to jack up the mower to store it for the winter. Where is the best place to put the jack stands in the rear of the mower. Is the back guard strong enough? It looks like that is attached to the chassis. Im not really sure if that is a good place to put the stands for the whole winter. Any thoughts?

Mr. Mower

Threads
I just got my first zero turn this year. It is a Raptor Sd 54". I am looking to jack up the mower to store it for the winter. Where is the best place to put the jack stands in the rear of the mower. Is the back guard strong enough? It looks like that is attached to the chassis. Im not really sure if that is a good place to put the stands for the whole winter. Any thoughts?

By chance have you looked in your owners Operator Manual section under "STORAGE" and read up on how to store your mower? On mine the STORAGE section is located in back of the Operators Manual with very informative info on storage, etc. but under General Mower Preparation for Storage reads as follows:

#6.) Block mower up so weight is off tires. Check tire pressure and inflate to proper operating pressure.
NOTE: Do not deflate tires.
IMPORTANT: Do not store the mower with the deck in the service (flipped-up) position.

The last part is if you own the Raptor Flip Up model (which I have).

But nothing about how exactly where the points under the mower on setting the blocks and or jack stands? I would examine the underside very carefully and go with the strongest points?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Under your drive axles.

kraky

Threads
Seems like a ton of overkill to me. If the dang mower sits on its wheels 9 months out of the year why can't it another 3? I've never blocked a mower up in my life and never had a problem. I don't know ANYONE who does or has had a problem.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Seems like a ton of overkill to me. If the dang mower sits on its wheels 9 months out of the year why can't it another 3? I've never blocked a mower up in my life and never had a problem. I don't know ANYONE who does or has had a problem.

Ditto on that. I'd never go to that much trouble.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I noticed that this was the only post the original poster has done. Bet he never even read the replys.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree to a point. I guess it all depends as to where you are going to store it. I would think in a dry environment I really don't see any problems storing it on the tires themselves. Now if you are going to store it on a dirt floor, wet environment, or outside I can well understand jacking it off the ground. I guess the owner manual is covering itself on all bases? I would put jack stands under the axles if I was to store it off the ground.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
My WB is standing on all fours till April. It's in an abandoned cube van.