Black and decker 8015 electric mower

Spccraig9

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a very old mower that was given to me, a black and decker 8015 duel blade corded mower. One of the drive belts snapped and I can't find a replacement. The mower is from the early 80's so I know I may be out of luck, but any help is appreciated. Anyone know where to find a belt so I don't have to buys new mower? Thanks

MowerMike

Threads
I'd suggest taking the old belt to a good automotive parts store such as NAPA. They might be able to find a suitable match for it.

Threads
Hello, I have a very old mower that was given to me, a black and decker 8015 duel blade corded mower. One of the drive belts snapped and I can't find a replacement. The mower is from the early 80's so I know I may be out of luck, but any help is appreciated. Anyone know where to find a belt so I don't have to buys new mower? Thanks
This mower is actually from the early-to-mid 1970s and, as you suspect, most parts for it are NLA. It was an economy model (the 8020 and 8021 were deluxe models with height adjusters on each wheel).

~Ben

scholar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd suggest taking the old belt to a good automotive parts store such as NAPA. They might be able to find a suitable match for it.
Your suggestion sounds good to me.

A man only needs a belt that works, not one made for that mower. I used to work at a NAPA warehouse, and they carry a multitude of belts of different lengths, thicknesses, and shapes. There ought to be something close enough to work.

I remember an "emergency belt kit" that contained a belt and a belt joiner (the joiner connected the ends of the belt, kind of like the removable link on a bicycle chain). You could cut the belt to the size you needed, and join the ends with the joiner. That let you carry one belt that could be made the size for the alternator, or the size for the water pump--whatever you needed.

And, incidentally--your mower sounds very much like the one I just bought, that would not start, after long storage in a garage. If I can't get it to run soon, I'm going to have to get my money back, or the fellow who sold it will wonder why I'm holding on to it for so long.