RSD exhaust burning lawn?

577jersey

Threads
Some people need the extra comfort due to back and neck issues,,I have a bad neck,back,and hip but Im gettin around on my RSD..too many rough dirt bike crashes when I was younger..also climbing trees as an Arborist for 20 years didnt help either...now I sit my butt down on my mower and get through the day..might stick a cheap air bag under the seat and take those springs out on the RSD...cant hurt any.

577jersey

Threads
I'm considering putting engine oil and hydro coolers on the RSD60.

Did the flex forks make enough difference to pay the price?
Good idea,,I know both run really hot,,cant touch either of them with my hand...the shield has too make a difference in pump temp,,the hot air blows out both sides and away from the machine now,,sad thing is the shield should be OEM for this machine,,hey what do you want for 4 grand...

I got 105 hours on mine and the pump bolts needed to be snugged up,,I noticed only the 5/16" ones come a bit loose,,after putting double lock nuts on the back ones they stayed tight for 50 hours...a couple of the PTO bolts and two of the engine mount bolts where a little loose too..I snug all my hardware up every time I change oil..even on the commercial Bobcat machine things come loose after 100 hours...I dont like thread locker cause some of those nuts are hard enough to get to let alone having to have to monkey them out...I put lock washers on the back pump bolts,,will see how that works :)

Over all the RSD is a great machine for the mechanically inclined who likes to tinker and play around once in a while,especially if your using it hard like me.

kraky

Threads
If you want a little time consuming fun buy yourself a $10 laser thermometer. You can find out how hot things are really running. I have a liquid-cooled Yamaha V Twin motorcycle.... it actually runs hotter than my air cooled Kawasaki engine in my Hustler. You'll find all kinds of ways to entertain yourself with that silly little thermometer..... like holy crap I live in Wisconsin yet my light colored siding hits 120 degrees in the Summer sun.... why the hell did I pick a darker stain color for my deck...160 degrees! But by far most importantly..... where is the coldest spot in my refrigerator to put the beer!

577jersey

Threads
You know what,,I got one of those Kraky I used it to check the temp on my waste oil furnace here.
Figured it wouldn’t be too far off topic since its a burner..lol

kraky

Threads
Will get to work with it damn it....lol.... especial checking out the fridge you want that beer under 40 degrees!

577jersey

Threads
Great video,i liked and subbed.
Hustler needs to get there game on this or its not going to be good for them in the future.

mhavanti

Threads
Thanks Tom.

Did the video shake? It didn't shake at all when I uploaded it, watched it twice. However, after YouTube "removed" the shake from it, it shakes in several places. Won't fall for that again. lol

Thanks again.

We should all share that video around to other sites and see if we'll get a visit from Excel Industries / Hustler Mowers. Who knows, they might want to take care of the ole mower.

P.S. I washed the mower at the rear of the Garage Mahal and then it began to rain and I had to drive it around to the front to put it inside. Thus, water spots. Oh to the well, they'll wash off.

Max

"Run'em like you stole'em. Fix'em if you break'em!"

577jersey

Threads
I would hope Hustler sees it and does something,,I would like my $50 back for being made to purchase the shield..Im noticing the shield is pretty thin and getting a powdery look to it so Im gonna take it off and hit it with some VHT high temp paint this winter.

The RSD has such a low center of gravity compared to other mowers,,I kinda like it that way being low to the ground and compact but that makes the exhaust closer to the ground.

Your mower is super clean,I wash and spray wax mine once a week and blow it off after every cut,,shes pretty clean too,,Ill have to do a end of season review on it.It will be a good one thats for sure,,great machine!!

I keep some Armor All or protectant on the plastics,,it will keep them from dulling over the years in the sun.

I didnt see any water spots..

Tom