New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !

mustangTerry

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !
Have you checked to see if it's available in Canada ? According to the Greenworks Facebook page announcement, it is only available in the USA and only through Lowe's. This mower is fine for a lawn your size, and there are many reviews on the Lowe's online store website. My mowing area is about 6500 sq. ft. and I can can complete it on about half the battery charge (2 batteries). It can plow through anything, so you won't have a problem even with heavy weeds.

Hi Mike, Just bought a twin blade green works, charged the batteries plugged them in, plugged in the key, held down the start button, pulled the handle, nothing happens. Then I googled and found this forum, but out of the box, cant understand why it wont run.Im in BC, got it at Canadian Tire yesterday.

MowerMike

Threads
Hi Mike, Just bought a twin blade green works, charged the batteries plugged them in, plugged in the key, held down the start button, pulled the handle, nothing happens. Then I googled and found this forum, but out of the box, cant understand why it wont run.Im in BC, got it at Canadian Tire yesterday.

Do you feel any resistance on the safety bar when you pull it back ? Try pulling it first w/o pushing the button and then doing it with the button depressed. You should feel a lot more resistance with the button depressed than when you just pull the bar w/o depressing it. If you feel no difference, then there's something wrong with the cable mechanism. If you can't get it to work, I'd just returned it to the store and have them exchange it for a good unit.

rp2s

Forum Newbie
Threads
My new Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered mower

I just purchased this mower yesterday, and used it the first time today after work. I was really impressed by the larger (146W) battery. After just one charge, I was able to cut 80% of my 1/3 acre yard, easily finishing with the smaller battery. I've been using a Neuton 6.2 cordless for almost 6 years. I replaced the original lead-acid battery last year (the original still gives me about 25/30 minutes of solid run time. Pretty impressed with that battery also. What I really like about the Greenworks, beside the battery tech, is the light weight of the mower. I only hope it holds up like my older Neuton.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Inspected the underside of my mower. 4 1/2 of the little plastic 'teeth' have broken off. Another one appears to be compromised.

I suspect their purpose is to 'align' blades of grass or otherwise help reduce the odds of missing some grass lying down. Not sure.

Very disappointed as I've used the mower for less than 4 hours I'm sure. The plastic will only get more brittle with age.

MowerMike

Threads
Inspected the underside of my mower. 4 1/2 of the little plastic 'teeth' have broken off. Another one appears to be compromised.

I suspect their purpose is to 'align' blades of grass or otherwise help reduce the odds of missing some grass lying down. Not sure.

Very disappointed as I've used the mower for less than 4 hours I'm sure. The plastic will only get more brittle with age.

I would call those "combs" rather than "teeth" and they most certainly are there to stand up the blades of grass so that they can be cut properly by the mower blades. I inspected mine and they are in perfect condition, so I suspect that you must have hit something to make them break off.

sporkk

Threads
Brought out my corded and mowed for the first time this spring. Not something I was looking forward to in a already busy weekend. I might finally purchase the twin force next week. I still have concerns about finding a replacement blade should I ever need one.

MowerMike

Threads
I still have concerns about finding a replacement blade should I ever need one.

I did an online search using the blade part numbers and found a source for the blades. There are two separate blades, since one of them rotates in the opposite direction from the other one.

Blade part no. 33307486 (blade) >>> 33307486 - Greenworks Part 33307486 - Blade - GRN-33307486 - GREENWORKS

Blade part no. 33308486 (reverse blade) >>> 33308486 - Greenworks Part 33308486 - Reverse blade - GRN-33308486 - GREENWORKS

As you can see, they are a bit pricey @ $18.79 each, but at least you can be confident that they are available.

sporkk

Threads
I talked myself out of it again! :mad: Sometimes I read to many reviews. Several reviews reporting that the mower stopped working after several uses. With one reviewer they narrowed it down to a faulty switch. With only 30 days to return and then the only option to take a trip to a service center that is located who knows where doesn't give me a lot of reassurance in this mower. I don't want to spend another 50 on the store warranty either.

If reel mowers didn't have problems with weeds I wouldn't bother with a powered mower at all.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
wow!

Greenworks G-MAX Models - G-MAX 40V 4Ah Li-ION Battery 31104975

SKU# SUN-31104975
$60.00
Qty:

-OR- Checkout with PayPal

Email to a Friend

Shipping Policy | Returns Policy | Warranty Info | Payment Info | Pricing Info
G-MAX 40V 4Ah Li-ION Battery

Click on image to zoom

Details

Specifications:
Used On Mower Models 25223; 25312; 25322; 25302
Used on G-MAX Cultivator Model 27062
Battery Model: 29472
Battery Part Number: 31104975
Up to 3x longer run time than Nicad battery
Quick Charging - 120 minutes for 4Ah
Maintains consistent fade-free power throughout entire cycle
Charge anytime, no negative memory effect
Longer life cycle: up to 2000 charge cycles
Battery charge level indicators for easy check of power level

Additional Information

(they appear to have both blades as well)

MowerMike

Threads

SKU# SUN-31104975
$60.00
Qty:

(they appear to have both blades as well)

Just tried to order the battery, but they are already backordered. Did you manage to order one ? They do have the blades, however, and they are a bit cheaper than the other source that I found in post #57.

Their website doesn't seem to be working. Can't set up an account or log in. Typical Greenworks website nonsense.

This is confusing. The website is actually Ordertree.com, not GreenworksTools.com and the actual supplier is Dixie Sales Company, Inc. I remember when I needed a battery replaced on a previous Greenworks tool (16" 40V mower) that the repair shop they sent me to said the batteries came from Dixie Sales, since Greenworks themselves don't have a warehouse. Crazy.

Last edited: