electric pto clutch.

wesk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody replaced a pto clutch? Is there any thing I need to check when putting on new one?
Thanks in advance.

NewportNic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Be sure that the old one didn't fail due to low voltage. The battery/voltage regulator is usually an obvious problem, but the clutch not getting a good ground or poor connection on the positive side can also cause a voltage drop.

Klaus
Simplicity Sunstars (2)
Allis Chalmers B10, 310, 410
Ford 1210
Allis CA w/72" Artsway Belly Mower

lk3054kioti

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check your P.T.O switch make sure the ground is good on it just had one act like it was not working right, re wired the clutch straight to the battery (testing mode) and it worked fine , pto switch was bad, works great now,

stinkydog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody replaced a pto clutch? Is there any thing I need to check when putting on new one?
Thanks in advance.

there normally is an air gap adjust ment also.as the cluch wears the air gap could be to great and the magnet can't pull the metal palte into due to extra gap. be sure to check the coil with an omh meter to check for an open .The new clutch will come with a setting for the air gap.

wesk

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I first start tractor pto button is in off position but blades are on. Mowed a couple days ago,left pto button in off position. After about 10 minutes blades slowed and stopped.Blades came back on when I pulled pto button.Got done mowing and blades would not shut off when I pushed pto button off. Had tractor parked and running getting ready to blow out engine compartment. Blades slowed and stopped.Without warning blades suddenly engaged.SCARY!
Blades would then cycle on and off. Idled machine down and put away .Blades did not shut off .

jimbo64

Threads
Check your P.T.O switch make sure the ground is good on it just had one act like it was not working right, re wired the clutch straight to the battery (testing mode) and it worked fine , pto switch was bad, works great now,

i agree---------check that switch-you have a dangerous condition which could really hurt someone-let us know how you make out- :eek:

freetown fred

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm down to straight wiring my PTO clutch to the battery to test it. I've got 2 black wires coming from the clutch. Do I just hook one positive & one neg at battery?? Yep you're right, elec. is not my strong point:laughing:

alvindale

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm down to straight wiring my PTO clutch to the battery to test it. I've got 2 black wires coming from the clutch. Do I just hook one positive & one neg at battery?? Yep you're right, elec. is not my strong point:laughing:
Yes, that is correct.

alvindale

Forum Newbie
Threads
My issue is what appears to be pto clutch failure, but only seems to happen when hot. Does that make any sense? Acts the same when direct wired to battery.