Briggs & Stratton engine 675 series blowing smoke and oil

slash8789

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briggs & Stratton engine 675 series blowing smoke and oil
Hey guys. I am a newb here and this is my first post. Its great this forum exists. I need help from the experts. I can build you a house from the ground up but, when it comes to small, large or any type of engine, I know little to nothing.

So, here is my problem. I have a Troy-bilt mower with a Briggs & Stratton 675 series engine. The wife was cleaning it and she had it tilt which the manual says you shouldn't do. Now it is spewing oil out along with white smoke. I am guessing the smoke is because it is burning oil. My question is: do I need to just wait and let it burn all the oil or do I need to replace something? Did she break something when she tilted it? It is about a year old. any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

slash8789

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
run it for 20 to 30 minutes....it probably just leaked oil from the crankcase through the breather hose into the carb...if it continues...get back to us:thumbsup:..............by the way..you can tip them up ..as long as the carb is on the "top" side

slash8789

Forum Newbie
Threads
run it for 20 to 30 minutes....it probably just leaked oil from the crankcase through the breather hose into the carb...if it continues...get back to us:thumbsup:..............by the way..you can tip them up ..as long as the carb is on the "top" side

Well, I did just that and it smoked and spit oil out for just a little bit. After that, everything seemed to be working fine. thank you very for your help. Much appreciated. I know where to go now if and/or when I have more issues with the mower. Hehe. thanks again.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
happy to be of service!:smile: