Raptor SD 60" Transmission Fluid Change

chrisfjr83

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK recently purchased this mower used and I am not sure any of the fluids have every been changed. So I went and changed the oil and oil filter and started looking through all the manuals and it talks about changing the transmission fluid and filter but gives very little information on it. Don't know how much fluid it takes or where the drain and fill ports are located and if there is any bleeding procedures that need to be done and how so. Can someone please give me some advice with either pictures or detailed information.

chrisfjr83

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have looked all through the manual and I could not find where it says how much oil it takes and also where the fill and drain plugs are at

Jack17

Threads
I have looked all through the manual and I could not find where it says how much oil it takes and also where the fill and drain plugs are at

Section 4-5 tells you step by step what and how!? I'm not sure what else are you looking for?

akcooper9

Threads
Section 4-5 tells you step by step what and how!? I'm not sure what else are you looking for?

I just changed mine to night. Download the Hydro Gear manual and follow it. It was easy.

577jersey

Threads
Yeah its easy,warm up machine for a few minutes to get things flowing a bit better..you have a spill over fill plug at the top side of each pump remove both,then remove both plastic filter guards, filters and crack cap on reservoir...it will all drain out.

Then put new filters on and start filling up both pumps through the reservoir until you see oil coming out of BOTH top fill plugs,should take about 4 quarts,replace both fill plugs,,make sure you have 1" in the reservoir then jack up rear of mower so tires are off ground,pull both pump release valves,start up engine and run little faster than idle,then slowly push both controls forward and back 8-10 times,the wheels might spin a little,shut off engine,check oil level,close both release valves then start engine and cycle the controls forward and back again 8-10 times,shut off engine,check oil,and repeat process if necessary until pumps run smooth and quiet.

Thats how i do it,no books needed....think mine took a little over 4 quarts,i used Mobile 1 and the pumps never ran smoother.

Good luck brother...
Catch ya on the flip

Tommy