leaf plow

boston

Threads
Is building a leaf plow for my tractor worth it?

Threads
Is building a leaf plow for my tractor worth it?

Well it depends how much you would use it and how far you need to take a leaf pile from where you make it. If you don't do it a lot a blower, vacuum, etc. would be fine.

slammed

Threads
What are you going to build it with?

boston

Threads
I would use it daily. All my customers have excessive leaf fall. Ive have always used 2 guys to help me:2 backpack blowers and 1 walk behind blower. But the problem is that my walk behind blower keeps catching on fire so I can't use it, not that it helps that Much with the huge piles anyway. Yesterday we were at a clients house blowing the leaves from back to front and his backyard is about half an acre. We had to blow ALL the leaves into a tiny fence gate opening leading to the front and ended up with a huge mountain of leaves before the opening. We used a lot of gas and the whole job took longer than it shouldve. The pile was about 5 ft tall and mayb 10x15. This is only one customer, some of our clients are worse in that matter. I had to move the whole pile about 300-400 feet.

Threads
I would use it daily. All my customers have excessive leaf fall. Ive have always used 2 guys to help me:2 backpack blowers and 1 walk behind blower. But the problem is that my walk behind blower keeps catching on fire so I can't use it, not that it helps that Much with the huge piles anyway. Yesterday we were at a clients house blowing the leaves from back to front and his backyard is about half an acre. We had to blow ALL the leaves into a tiny fence gate opening leading to the front and ended up with a huge mountain of leaves before the opening. We used a lot of gas and the whole job took longer than it shouldve. The pile was about 5 ft tall and mayb 10x15. This is only one customer, some of our clients are worse in that matter. I had to move the whole pile about 300-400 feet.

WOW that sounds like a job!! What I usually do is use the blower on heavy leaves to get it into a pile. Then I put the leaves on a tarp and dump them in the road. Then for the rest of the yard I use the bagger on the mower to suck the leaves up.

boston

Threads
Yea I would have sucked everything up with my tractor but it didn't fit tbrough the fence gate. Mayb ill try the tarp idea, thanks for the help :)

slammed

Threads
Yea I would have sucked everything up with my tractor but it didn't fit tbrough the fence gate. Mayb ill try the tarp idea, thanks for the help :)

You could also us a leaf vac with a long hose.