The History of Jacobsen Mowers

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
That was so cool! I liked the other videos, too, when it finished....the Victa videos were cool......man those thing were strange! Betcha they (Victas) also hurt a lot of people.......there are no sides to the deck! Just a blade with a top! Thanks for the vid.......

I see victa is still around! Now owned by B&S.....(who isn't...:rolleyes:)

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That was so cool! I liked the other videos, too, when it finished....the Victa videos were cool......man those thing were strange! Betcha they (Victas) also hurt a lot of people.......there are no sides to the deck! Just a blade with a top! Thanks for the vid.......

I see victa is still around! Now owned by B&S.....(who isn't...:rolleyes:)

Were the Victa videos in another thread? I missed something.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Were the Victa videos in another thread? I missed something.

No, if you watch the video to the end, it'll give you suggestions for related videos at the bottom (they're tiny).....they came up for me. Australian two stroke. Oughta be right up yer alley...:wink:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, if you watch the video to the end, it'll give you suggestions for related videos at the bottom (they're tiny).....they came up for me. Australian two stroke. Oughta be right up yer alley...:wink:

Thanks, twall. I've heard of the brand but have never seen one. I'll look it up.

CJH

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great to see some of the old Jacobsens! Spent many an early morning behind a two cycle greens mower at a local golf course. Great job, outside in the early morning, beautifuly surroundings, cutting perfectly straight stripes (the goal anyway). Also used their F10 & F20 fairway mowers, big beasts!!

Their two cycle rotary mowers were indestructible, ours were late seventy vintage (worked on courses from 1980 thru 1983).

Learned to drive manual transmissions on a variety of Cushmans at the age of 14. Great machines, from an old tiller steering three wheeler, single cyliner Kohler to new two cylinder OMC engined sprayers, top dressers, and hydraulic dump bed machines. Would love to have a property large enough to warrant buying & restoring one!

Thanks for the fond memories!

benski

Threads
I've got a Jacobsen Park 30 model, vintage 1952. I've just got to make time to mess with it. A big, nasty WICO magneto on the side of the little 4 hp Kohler. The whole thing must weigh north of 250 lbs!:cool::biggrin:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here are a couple of photos that I found of what I believe is a 1960s (??) Jacobsen two-stroke. In the second picture notice the disk-type blade. That design wasn't unusual at the time, I think.

Attachments

• 60s-JakeMower.jpg
    60s-JakeMower.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 60s-JakeMowerBlade.jpg
    60s-JakeMowerBlade.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 47