self propel belt keeps coming off

ChemicalJordy

Forum Newbie
Threads
The drive belt on my TB 210 or 230 keeps coming off. I installed a new belt, same problem. There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the clutch cable. The pulley at the transmission seems to fall back too far at rest, allowing the belt to slip off. It looks like I need the pulley to be a little farther away at a resting position, creating more tension on the belt so it won't come off. There is a spring that helps the transmission move up and down but there seems to be no way to adjust it. I've uploaded a picture.
The pic was taken standing in front of the mower. It is obviously a front wheel drive. The pulley shown seems to need to be pushed up and towards you a bit to keep the belt from slipping.
The TB is the mower I use for those "crap" yards that are like mowing dirt and rocks. I need this mower to work because I don't want to use my nice one on bad rough uneven yards with mostly rocks and dirt.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jordan

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

possum

Threads
Looks like your belt keepers are not in the holes provided. If you need to tighten the tension that is on the self propell control box on the handle of the mower. Only other thing I can think of is the bearing is out on the gearbox.

ChemicalJordy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for replying. Sounds like you know some about mowers. There is no adjustment for the cable. Cheap mower. Three holes for the keeper but only two ends to put in the three holes.
I just bought a Honda HRX217 for my nice yards. I'm buying a refurbished craftsman for my bad yards.

I think I abused that TB so much that its not worth it anymore.

But again, thank you for responding. I'm new to this and appreciate the help.

Any reasoning for the three holes for two ends on that wire piece?