Adding lights to F935?

psween

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own an F935, all standard, and am thinking about adding lights to extend my mowing time. I mow about 14 acres and can't seem to find enough daylight hours to get it done! My question is, will the stock 40 amp alternator be enough to power a couple of aftermarket 55W halogen tractor lights? Also, my inclination is to fabricate a light bar and mount it to the front of the steering column, would another location be better? I have the stock roll bar, so I could also mount the lights up high if that might be better. Thanks for any advice, especially tips from anyone who's done this mod.

Patrick

PJ

Threads
Hi
That is a good idea. Problem is that aditional lights might wear out the battery as the charging rate of the altinator is only rated to handle certain amps of your added lights exceeds that you will pick up problems.
Regards
PJ

xp14629

Threads
If you ate only adding two lights, the alternator will handle that small load fine. I would mount them on top of the rops and angle them do that the beams slightly overlap in the middle, that way you also have plenty of side lighting for navigation.