Repairs Mower problems

joeboy411

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 10HP. 30 in Craftsman riding mower . My problem is mower runs good but when I engage the mower blades the engine Bogs out . I have cleaned the Carb. new plug checked the pulleys al are free checked the tension on the belts seem fine. Just picked the mower up last week and was backfiring bad any help would be appreciated Joe

scott47429

Threads
take the belt off and check the spindle bearings for roughness or a bent spindle also check and make sure your belt guides are in place and that the belt aint on the outside of the guides can you drive the mower around with out the blades engaged if no then it could be a seat switch killing the engine when you turn them on

joeboy411

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Scott the guides are all in place and the spindles seem fine and the seat switch is bypassed .

Lawnranger

Threads
I have a 10HP. 30 in Craftsman riding mower . My problem is mower runs good but when I engage the mower blades the engine Bogs out . I have cleaned the Carb. new plug checked the pulleys al are free checked the tension on the belts seem fine. Just picked the mower up last week and was backfiring bad any help would be appreciated Joe

Backfiring bad? This indicates that one of the valves are open during combustion and the expanding gasses are escaping through the open valve. So, is it intake or exhaust?

I would start by checking the flywheel key to see if it is sheared. The best way to check is to pull the flywheel and visually inspect the key because if the key is even slightly sheared the engine could backfire.