Repairs Blade speed slows down as I lower the height

peteclark3

Threads
Hi there, I have a JD D100 tractor, bought last year.. we don't use it much so it sits a lot. I noticed that we're having a problem with the blade speed. If the blade height is 1 or 2, the blades barely spin at all. Up at 4, they seem to spin fine. If I start the blades at 4 inches, they're fine, but as I then lower it, the blades slow down, til I think they're not spinning at all. What do I need to adjust to get things working again? The little LED on the tractor says 8.2 , if that helps..

Pete

Bison

Threads
Tighten the belts

peteclark3

Threads
Will do, is there a how to you can point me to?

Bison

Threads
Should be in your operators manual

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi there, I have a JD D100 tractor, bought last year.. we don't use it much so it sits a lot. I noticed that we're having a problem with the blade speed. If the blade height is 1 or 2, the blades barely spin at all. Up at 4, they seem to spin fine. If I start the blades at 4 inches, they're fine, but as I then lower it, the blades slow down, til I think they're not spinning at all. What do I need to adjust to get things working again? The little LED on the tractor says 8.2 , if that helps..

Pete

The manual for my LA 135 states to check belt tension after 5-10 hours of operation or some such number like that.

How about after 30 minutes of operation if you really want to mow grass. If just riding it to get the mail don't bother.:laughing:

PJ

Threads

Pete
Hi it sounds like a v-belt that is either worn or the tensioner is not doing its job look at the belt condition and the tensioner spring for a start.
Regards
PJ