NO SELF PROPELL

Threads
NO SELF PROPEL

I have a Honda 21 in. mower. I was mowing a lawn today and I was going down the yard using the self propel. Then I took my hand off the self propel lever to turn around, and then went to push the lever back in, and nothing happened. There was no in-between period. It was just working, then BAM, not working. We checked everything, the belt is nice and tight and there is nothing caught around the axle. What could it be? Is it a quick fix you think?

Last edited:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: NO SELF PROPEL

I have a Honda 21 in. mower. I was mowing a lawn today and I was going down the yard using the self propel. Then I took my hand off the self propel lever to turn around, and then went to push the lever back in, and nothing happened. There was no in-between period. It was just working, then BAM, not working. We checked everything, the belt is nice and tight and there is nothing caught around the axle. What could it be? Is it a quick fix you think?

Sounds like the drive clutch cable may have come loose, or possibly the belt has slipped off. What is the serial number off the back of the mower deck? It is in the form of MXXX-1234567, and I can look up some service / troubleshooting and let you know the warranty status too.

Threads
Sorry I am replying so late to this thread, but I just wanted to post what the issue was in case anyone else had this problem (I had the problem fixed a week after I started this thread, I just forgot to tell everyone). The problem was a worn gear. We took it into a Honda dealer and they fixed it. Good as new! Well, actually better than it was! :laughing: Just wanted to post this in case anyone has a similar problem.
-lmf :smile: