Nikki carb

bwestbrook

Threads
Have a Briggs engine that has a Nikki carb on it. The mower had been sitting for a while and was parked because it wouldn't crank. When I got this mower I found that it was the needle and seat that caused this problem. I changed the oil and purchased a carb kit and installed it. The needle that came with it is exactly the same as the original but when I put everything together the float does not sit level as it should. This is the first Nikki for me to rebuild. Any advice because it still floods and the needle and seat are very clean.

Attachments

• image-1548329544.jpg
    image-1548329544.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 20

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
No way to adjust that plastic float? The float may be warped and need to be replaced. It has been suggested to try and heat the plastic to reshape the float but risk breakage.

bwestbrook

Threads
I knew there didn't appear to be but wasn't sure if I was missing something because it looks just like someone forgot to put a rubber seat in. Making sure I didn't miss anything. Sure don't look like the float is damaged. Thanks for the reply.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
That believe it or not is the normal setting of a niki carb.
I thought the same thing when i saw one for the 1st time.
Its the o ring on the base that you have to get right other wise fuel will get in the engine.

bwestbrook

Threads
I never would have thought that would be normal.
I will recheck the o ring since I am still getting fuel flooding into the venturi. Thanks.