Mower Problems

MowinMyLawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was mowing my lawn today and wasn't really paying attention to what I was going over, as I've done it hundreds of times. I hit a tree root with the blade of my mower (usually does nothing, just cuts the top off the root), but this time it hit a knot and bent the blade down into the root, completely stopping the mower's engine.

Not really looking for how to fix it, but what may be wrong with it, and if it can be fixed. The blade is bent pretty hard, that can be replaced. The engine when I try to start it up rolls over fine and begins its cycle, but there's a ton of white smoke pouring out of the side of the machine. Any ideas on what it could be?

This is what the lawn mower looks like, I'm not sure where the smoke is pouring from and I'm not a person who should be trying to open the engine and see what's wrong with it. (someone would get hurt, lol)
277529.JPEG

I'm not sure what info you guys need, just tell me and I'll try to find it!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Let's see if it is worth saving. Take the spark plug out and tip the mower on it's side, carb up. Take the blade off and have a friend pull the starter rope while you carefully watch the end of the crankshaft to see if it is bent. If the engine turns freely and you don't see any wobble in the crankshaft, the crank is probably not bent and the unit is worth taking it in for repair. They'll probably just have to replace the blade and the flywheel key. If the end of the crank does not turn true, the crank is bent and I would suggest that you just replace the mower. The costs to repair would be more than half the price of a new mower if you are not doingthe work yourself.