Power Barrow Problems

modela

Threads
I volunteer on a bunch of projects at Mt Pisgah Arboretum varying from bridge building to equipment maintenance. Yesterday Tom delivered a Power Barrow, a unit donated that they are having some problems with.

MorePisgah005.jpg

Two of these units were donated. The problem seems to be that the tires go flat. If you look you will see that the tires are different size. The drive wheels are in the back, driving the front wheels with a rubber intermediate wheel. When it is running the wheels turn at different rates.
MorePisgah004.jpg

There are some other shortcomings in design. For example there is no adjustment in the wheels or intermediate wheels. You have to deflate the tires to get them out. Also, the front wheels and the the intermediate wheels are held on by drive on caps, similar to those on cheap toys and mowers that hold the the wheels on the shaft. They break and fall off.
:mad:

I was thinking of some remedies here like making adjustment possible, replacing the drive on caps, and perhaps changing out the front wheels to be the same size.

Any thoughts on these?

Jim

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try this website. It has a manual for your unit and phone #'s if you want to use them.

jchapman46

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever get your Power Barrow to work properly? I am considering one and would like to talk to you about yours. Thanks. Jim