KAWASAKI ENGINE PROBLEM

grassblower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I HAVE ZTR WITH A KAWAI 25 HP FH 721V

I shut the engine down as usual. did not turn the gas valve off. i never do. next day i go to start and the engine just spins over and i saw what looked like water blow out the exhaust. the previous day i was in a heavy down pour so i was wondering how water got into the exhaust. then I thought no that must be gas. sure enough, when i checked the oil I found that the crankcase was filled with gas.

How did this happen and what do i do about it?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome to the new world of ethanol enhanced fuel. Your float needle and seat will need to be replaced. This is a constant battle all home owners and service tech's are fighting. Today's ethanol fuels are causing the needles to not set properly and the fuel does not shut off the fuel in the carb, and the fuel goes everywhere. In your case it filled the crankcase. After you replace the needle and seat you will also have to change the oil. We suggest to all our customers to use high octane non ethanol fuel in all there small engines to try to stop this problem. Good Luck, should be a simple but unnecessary fix.

moonbeam

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also, do u transport ur mower around on a trailer? If so u should shut ur fuel valve off before u travel because the float will bounce during travel causing this to happen.

grassblower

Forum Newbie
Threads
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I WILL GET THE PARTS TOMMORROW AND FIX IT.
AGAIN, THANK YOU

ajp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the new world of ethanol enhanced fuel. Your float needle and seat will need to be replaced. This is a constant battle all home owners and service tech's are fighting. Today's ethanol fuels are causing the needles to not set properly and the fuel does not shut off the fuel in the carb, and the fuel goes everywhere. In your case it filled the crankcase. After you replace the needle and seat you will also have to change the oil. We suggest to all our customers to use high octane non ethanol fuel in all there small engines to try to stop this problem. Good Luck, should be a simple but unnecessary fix.

Question: This happens to me on my Kawasaki lawnmower engine. Why does one have to replace needle and seat if I am using ethanol-free fuel? Thanks. A Pinelo

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Even with non-ethanol fuel if the fuel is allowed to sit in the carb for extended periods of time, it will result in the same problems. Also, if you have a 1 or 2 gallon fuel can and go to the pump to get non-ethanol fuel, most people just push the button for high octane non-ethanol fuel, and start filling the can. You don’t know what the last person pumped and pull in a half gallon of ethanol fuel. Remember there is still fuel in the hose and all the way back to the transfer point that you just put into your can and it could very well be ethanol fuel. Best bet is to pump a gallon into your vehicle first, then fill the can.