Going rate?

Gabi

Threads
What is the going rate for lawn mowing? I may just hire a service for the time or two I have left before winter and look into some mowers to purchase for spring. I may be able to find a decent one this fall.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should be able to catch someone in your neighborhood to knock out your acre or so for around $20 or less... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow $20 or less... :laughing: someone is dreaming.

Thunder

Threads
Don't laugh too hard Ric, depending on the size of the lawn, and the kid you ask, you may just get one heck of a bargain.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't laugh too hard Ric, depending on the size of the lawn, and the kid you ask, you may just get one heck of a bargain.

I believe Kenny said an acre and I believe Gabi said I may just hire a service. Most Lawn services charge a minimum of $20 a cut for a sub-division Lawn that doesn't take them 10 minutes to cut, what do you think they would charge for an acre. Lots of those Lawn Services that post on a forum call someone who cuts a lawn below $30 - $20 a lawn a "lowballer".

Last edited:

noma

Threads
Hay Gabi

Wow if you can find someone to mow a acre for $20.00 or less then i'm selling my mower, heck it cost me $ 8.00 alone for gas @ $2.68 a gallon i think it hold 3 gallon and there will be some left. If you find a deal like that get a contract signed for as many years you can and don't even think about buying a mower.:confused2:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gabi

Sorry about getting away from the question. If you're looking for a licensed Lawn Care Company or Service to cut your acre of property I think you mite be able to find one who'll cut it for some where in the neighborhood of $60 to $80 a cut depending on what type of mower he cuts it with.

Last edited:

twocycletim

Threads
I own a lawn mowing serv, in N. Al. I have had a $30 min. for several yrs. if I estimate acreage I base it on $30 per acre unless theres an excessive amount of trees and such to trim around, then it would be more. When I estimate yard work I base it on $30 min $30 an hour :thumbsup:

Gabi

Threads
That's do-able, I think it makes more sense to just get a service for the fall and start looking at mowers to find one for the spring. I don't mind doing it, but I don't have time right now to buy one.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow $20 or less... :laughing: someone is dreaming.

Ric...
Oh sometimes I even dream about mowing...
BUT like I said... "You should be able to catch someone in your neighborhood" ...

Not a mowing service.

but I am sure that if most any of us needed one or 2 mowings to finish the season, and we were without a mower, someone in your neighborhood would knock it out for 20 bucks or less...
I am not talking about someone coming over all season mowing and trimming your lawn, just ending this season until you have a mower.

I do dream but this is not one of them... :smile:KennyV