Going rate?

Twinkle

Threads
$20 is around ten pounds in English money I think. (I can't keep up with the exchange rate!) That would be a real bargain here. There are plenty of youngsters who would do the job but I am not sure how many have access to a mower apart from their family owned machine. Personally I would end up giving them more than that I think.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally I would end up giving them more than that I think.

I likely would also... if I needed a mowing or two for some unexpected reason.

But I would also mow any of my neighbors lawns for free ... if it was a once or twice, fill in type of deal... And I'm sure there are many others here that would gladly help out if asked by their neighbor.
But then I love mowing and it would cost me a very little diesel and a short amount of time...

Again I am not talking about doing someones lawn all summer, nor am I referring to doing this as a contracted seasonal gig...
:smile:KennyV

twocycletim

Threads
Ric...
Oh sometimes I even dream about mowing...
BUT like I said... "You should be able to catch someone in your neighborhood" ...

Not a mowing service.

but I am sure that if most any of us needed one or 2 mowings to finish the season, and we were without a mower, someone in your neighborhood would knock it out for 20 bucks or less...
I am not talking about someone coming over all season mowing and trimming your lawn, just ending this season until you have a mower.

I do dream but this is not one of them... :smile:KennyV

You get what you pay for! The kid down the street for $20 might mow it, if he trims it it'll probably be a hack job, and probably won't be edged either. A professional will cut trim and edge and leave no mess behind!:thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's do-able, I think it makes more sense to just get a service for the fall and start looking at mowers to find one for the spring. I don't mind doing it, but I don't have time right now to buy one.

Gabi... Some advice if your thinking of getting a service, Do not sign any contracts and do not tell them it's only going to be just a couple of cuts because they will automatically jack up the price, it could almost double so be careful.

Gabi

Threads
Thanks, I asked my neighbor if he could recommend someone to mow it the last few times before the end of the season and he told me I could use his mower if I provided the gas and oil, sounds like a good deal to me.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good neighbors will always come through...
Plus this gives you a chance to get to know your neighbors better, I have friends that live in town that have no idea who their neighbors are... I can't really understand that. :smile:KennyV

Gabi

Threads
The one seems really nice, the other, I try to be nice and social but he just doesn't seem interested. He lives in a huge house and I suppose my little bungalow isn't to his standards, or that's how it seems to me.