Mower Problems

CBOBryan

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Troy-Bilt Gardenway 42" 16 hp will not start. It will try to turn over but will stop as soon as it starts to turn. Also when I changed the sparkplug oil ran out of the hole. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks!

moonbeam

Forum Newbie
Threads
It sounds like u have oil that has ran into ur head. Was the mower turned on its side or anything? Take the plug out and clean it and while u have it out, turn the key to turn the engine over abit to clean out the head then fit the plug and the engine should start. Also check ur oil level. Once the mower starts it will be smokey for awhile but this will clear

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also make sure that the oil doesn't smell like gas, indicating a leaking carb problem. Also DO NOT crank the engine to clear the cylinders if they are full of gas. The static that is created when the gas is shot throught the spark plug hole can ignite the gas. Makes a nice fire ball.

CBOBryan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I forgot to mention that when I try to turn it by hand it will not budge. I also just found out that my dad, who thinks he knows everything, stood the mower up on the back wheels to change the blades. Thanks for the help by the way.