BLOWER BETTER THAN ECHO??

upupandaway

Threads
Echo 5yr warranty is a joke everything that goes wrong with there equipment is your fault even out of the box.
True - "original purchaser that this ECHO or Shindaiwa product is free from
defects in material and workmanship" translation "it was fine when we sold it to you so its not our fault" even if, you pay labor if they DO fix it.

FLaker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 20+ year old ECHO trimmer, PB200 and gear head trimmer….. yes 20 years plus.

All I have done is a carb kit and fuel lines on all three at some point. Never a start or re-coil issue, even has the OEM plug which is still burning a creamy chocolate. I use no-ox and Stihl 50/1 So why did I get w Stihl backpack?

The dealer was local and the service is second to none. They were an ECHO dealer but since went to Stihl…. Any ECHO parts they can get and when my mechanical level has been breached, they know their stuff.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Echo and a Shindiawa. The Shindiawa is incredibly good. It has served us well since 2014. Many weeks it is run daily. The Echo has not given us any problems either and is run just as often as the Shindiawa but it is only 2 years old.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've had my Echo blower since 2014, not a problem. I use it every time I mow.

Have a Shindaiwa T235 string trimmer got in 2015, excellent tool as well.

Maybe you guys need a better Echo Dealer, mine is A-1.

Subdivisionbigdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had my bg55 since 2009 and it has been flawless. I have a bg86 and have tuning issues with it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am yet to see any trimmer, blower or mower for that matter that has a manufacturing defect come into the shop.
I see a lot of mowers with servicing faults and even more with operator created problems.

having said that there has been more than 1 come into the shop with a bad design but a bad design is not a manufacturing flaw unless it causes things to break in normal use.
About 1 in 10 line trimmers have the correct size line and many of them have line fitted nearly twice the designed diameter and funny enough those trimmers always seem to have heavily carboned pistons / cylinders, bad clutches or even broken drives, who would have thought

Fragger

Threads
i have tried them all and now my yard arsenal consists of all Stihl products.:thumbsup:
Alot has to do with your gas, oil and pm .:drink:

upupandaway

Threads
...Maybe you guys need a better Echo Dealer, mine is A-1.

That's not my(as well as other posts') problem. Their warranty is as good as toilet paper. They only provide replacement part- if they admit there is a defect. Read the warranty- they don't cover labor. In one of my 2 recent echo products (both died under warranty) the labor to replace the ignition coil (which echo won't pay), costs almost as much as buying a new one (don't get me started on the carbs they use...).

So if u are lucky and don't have any problems, good for you or else warranty won't get you very far. For Icing on the cake, echo won't post bad reviews - they censor bad reviews. (ps. gotta love the reviews where most the post only used their xyz for 10 minutes then sing the praises)

Ironically, I do have and use 2 other echo products. Both were given to me over 10 years ago with carb problems- srm2301 and pb400. I guess they have fallen far from their older products.