BLOWER BETTER THAN ECHO??

Threads
Are Stihl blowers better than Echos?? Do u know which are lighter and quieter---Stihl or Echo??

scott47429

Threads
both are good but i would lean more to the sthil I'm not sure what one will be lightest or quietest but i love sthil products i have a blower chain saw and weed eater love them all

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are Stihl blowers better than Echos?? Do u know which are lighter and quieter---Stihl or Echo??

Which is better is a matter of opinion Imo Stihl is the best but others may say and believe Echo is the way to go. As to which is lighter, again depends on the model you buy.
Compare the Echo 770H a 63cc engine, weighs 24lbs and has a 73db noise level and cost $499
The Stihl 500 or 550 is a 64cc engine, weighs 22lbs and has a 65db noise level and cost $469
Keep this in mind when trying to compare Echo to Stihl, you're talking about two different animals here, The Echo a 2 stroke unit and the Stihl a 4 mix unit both will have an entirely different sound to the units.

Threads
I have one of each. Buy a Stihl (I have a BG85) if you want to build up the biceps in your left arm. And if you like looking at an inoperative blower when it's hot and the stupid thing vapor-locks. IMO.... highly overrated. Yeah. at least 10 pulls to start it. 15-20 not unusual. When it's really hot outside and the blower has been used and shut off, forget it. It's not gonna run. What I usually do is start up the Echo and have it blow air onto the Sthil's carb until it cools down enough to eliminate the vapor lock.

My Echo blower (PB-24LN, left-handed, which is why I bought the right-handed Stihl) ALWAYS starts on the first pull and never ever vapor-locks.

Far as I'm concerned, Stihl is mostly overpriced image.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go try them both and buy the one that feels best to you.
A bigger engine does not mean it blows harder
A lighter one does not mean that you can use it longer or that it is easier on your back it is all in the set up.
Any one can talk about the stats but only you will know the one that's right for you

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have no idea what general electric is saying, because it makes no sense to me, but I agree with Carscw, take each one for a test drive and then go with your gut. We sell both in our shop and they each have their pros and cons, according to our customers.

Threads
I have no idea what general electric is saying, because it makes no sense to me, but I agree with Carscw, take each one for a test drive and then go with your gut. We sell both in our shop and they each have their pros and cons, according to our customers.

What part were you confused about? I'll try to explain it.

snapmow

Forum Newbie
Threads
>> Stihl blowers better than Echos?

I use Makita 4 cycle blowers, Stihl Chain Saws, Stihl Combo Head engines for other equipment

tundraron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Echo 5yr warranty is a joke everything that goes wrong with there equipment is your fault even out of the box.